Can I remove a UnionFS and still access the data?

• I have a new OMV instance. I setup LUKS encryption, ext4 fs, unionfs and snap raid.

I have 1x1TB for data, 1x4TB for data and 1x4TB for parity.

The unionfs is on the 1TB and 4TB data drives.

I have copied over 3TB of data to the union FS.

Now i think i'd prefer not to have the uniofs and just use the 4TB for Media and the 1TB for personal data.

Can i remove the unionfs and still access the data that has been copied over. I'm pretty sure unionfs has copied all the data to the 4TB drive anyway

• Offizieller Beitrag

How did you set unionfs; most free space, or existing path? If existing path then I think you are good to go. If most free space, you might have a bit of work ahead of you.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• You can examine the contents of each disk by navigating to /srv with WinSCP or similar.

The pool will be in a drive named like /144ab994-0e0f-4a42-a06b-f37e84454834

The other drives will be listed individually such as

/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Disk4

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!