Sync photos from iOS to OMV

• Hey all, Im a newbie here. I've just completed my first build of OMV and backing up my mac with TimeMachine and using PLEX. My next task with the server is finding a way for my iOS device to automatically copy photos from the phone to a folder on OMV for permanent storage. Automatically is the key here

any suggestions?

• With the Plex app for iOS I use to be able to automatically upload my photos, but it hasn’t worked in quite a while since a Plex update somewhere along the way.

Easy data backup: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, Wetty, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1): backups using Rsync and Rsnapshot - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole - hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2, and VirtualBox: Testing and playing - Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

• I stopped using the photo upload a while ago so I wouldn't have noticed it stopped working.

Looking into it some it seems to be a long running unsolved bug where nothing is uploaded.

I reenabled it and it does not work.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• gderf Thanks for confirming.

Easy data backup: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, Wetty, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1): backups using Rsync and Rsnapshot - Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole - hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2, and VirtualBox: Testing and playing - Mac user converting to Linux, Debian 10 KDE.

• Sorry to bump an old thread but this what I am trying to figure out. I have my pi, setting up OMV soon and will have 2TB ssd ready for it but this was the part I wish someone was able to do a write up for OMV. like does anyone have the ability to do just that? from iPhone to OMV

"Syncthing" with "Mobius sync" does it

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/syncthing

https://www.mobiussync.com/

OMV 5, Intel core i3 3225, 8GB RAM, PendriveUSB system, ZFS RaidZ 5xWD Red 4TB, 1x120GB SSD Docker

Tomorrow you will wish you had made a backup today !!

• Sorry to bump an old thread but this what I am trying to figure out. I have my pi, setting up OMV soon and will have 2TB ssd ready for it but this was the part I wish someone was able to do a write up for OMV. like does anyone have the ability to do just that? from iPhone to OMV

Running Nextcloud on the Pi can also do that. It has an iOS app to sync the photos/folder/whatever you select.

• So ive been lucky enough to find out I can utilize the Files App as well. I believe there is a way to automate photo uploads as well. still lookin. I believe NextCloud is my next bet though.

Thanks guys for giving me options! Now just trying to figure out what Docker is and how to make my NAS visible outside of the network. or at least one of the drives.

• Now just trying to figure out what Docker is and how to make my NAS visible outside of the network. or at least one of the drives.

[How-To] Nextcloud with swag (Letsencrypt) using OMV and docker-compose

• Maybe you can fix this by changing the sync settings of your iOS device with OMV. Or you can install an extension that automatically copies photos from your gallery directly to the storage space built on OMV. I tried this method, and I succeeded. Moreover, I always find tips and tricks about pictures, such as storage, synchronization, copying on https://backlightblog.com/star-photography-iphone. It is specifically designed for information on Apple devices and is much easier to find centralized answers on topics.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!