Is This Forum Plex Proper ???

• Is it proper/accepted to approach this forum concerning an issue with making my OMV5 Plex server work correctly?

I have tried the Plex forum itself under OMV and cannot get any response. In doing a Google search I located something about '. . . Your linux user doesn't have write permissions to your recordings Library path.' I'm wondering how to deal with this. Where I am at is I cannot get Plex to work in any manner shape or form relative to watching live TV and DVR; and watching anything placed in my library folders; and watching any free Plex movies.

Thanks, Kai :thumbup:

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• You can ask for help in the Plex Linux forum and crosspost to the OMV forum. If you are running Plex in a docker (the recommended approach), then post in the server-docker forum instead. If you don't provide all the details needed to get help, you likely won't get any or you will be asked for the information needed to help you and if you can't or won't provide it, your thread will die.

There is plenty of information available about Plex and permissions. Just search for it.

OMV 4 is EOL. You should probably upgrade, then start again with Plex.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You can ask for help in the Plex Linux forum and crosspost to the OMV forum. If you are running Plex in a docker (the recommended approach), then post in the server-docker forum instead. If you don't provide all the details needed to get help, you likely won't get any or you will be asked for the information needed to help you and if you can't or won't provide it, your thread will die.

There is plenty of information available about Plex and permissions. Just search for it.

OMV 4 is EOL. You should probably upgrade, then start again with Plex.

Forgot to update my profile to OMV5.0. Sorry about that. (However, where in the GUI do I find the version number? Nothing is present in the [About] area.) Have been using OMV5.0 for about a year. Plex was recently installed in OMV5 via Docker Portainer. All that is working okay and libraries are all viewable in Plex. Just can't watch or record anything; LiveTV, DVR, personal videos, or Plex free movies.

Current OMV5.3.4-1 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: ASRock AB350Pro4 Mobo, AMD A8-9600 Bristol Ridge Quad-Core 3.1 GHz, 16GB Ram, Kingston A400 120GB SSD, WD Blue 4TB HDD

Backup OMV5 OPERATING ENVIRONMENT: Windows 10 Pro 64bit (always latest build) Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83GHz 8GB ram; OMV 5.0-amd64 Linux Debian running virtual via VirtualBox v5.2.22
    DATA Backup - Two sets of identical backups using GoodSync 1-way backup onto 2 external drives.

• Is your Plex server signed into Plex.tv? If not you might not be able to have access to those features. Not sure, I don't use them, but they are available to me, and my server is always signed in.

To see your OMV version in OMV WebGUI:

Diagnostics | System Information | Overview

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Is your Plex server signed into Plex.tv? If not you might not be able to have access to those features. Not sure, I don't use them, but they are available to me, and my server is always signed in.

To see your OMV version in OMV WebGUI:

Diagnostics | System Information | Overview

Looking in Portainer I can see that the Plex container is always running. That is what you meant by Plex server, correct? Regarding Plex via web . . . I have never logged out of it and It is also set for remote access (although I have no need for that remote setting). I can always see my OMV5.3.4-1 server inside the PLex web interface. I do not use a PC server.

• Yes, the container should always be running. I don't know what could be wrong with it such that you can't get those features. Maybe there is some way to restrict access to them and somehow that got turned on. I just don't know.

--

• Yes, the container should always be running. I don't know what could be wrong with it such that you can't get those features. Maybe there is some way to restrict access to them and somehow that got turned on. I just don't know.

Okay. Thanks for the input you have given me. I will go into all my portainer settings and see if anything sticks out as out of whack. I have the config and transcode files in a separate AppFiles share. All my libraries are in a PLex share

To tell the truth. I'm about sick of Plex. How they could make something so non user friendly I'll never know. An awful lot of rigmarole to go through even if it is a free/paid app. Sure seems like it is a hodgepodge of a setup which could be cleaned up with someone that knew what they were doing. Nothing that's supposed to - in essence - be somewhat plug and play should be this deep in solutions. I'm currently using a TiVo DVR and was trying to down dollar the monthly installment. But - now feeling Plex [might] be way too much stress if I can't resolve it soon. If I can't smoothly access and operate it then no way will the wife be able to.

• Thanks gderf. I've appreciated all your help to this point.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could it be the noexec issue? Here. Or maybe Plex user having incorrect permissions.

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• where in the GUI do I find the version number?

OMV5.3.4-1 as written in your signature is quite old & buggy.

When you upgrade to the latest version its displayed in the Dashboard https://openmediavault.readthe…ght=dashboard#diagnostics

or command line dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!