Nextcloud Bad Gateway

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you make a change to your config or docker-compose? I thought you were able to access your login page earlier.

• and my config.php :

I don't use KM0201 procedure but, what I can see is you have a line that doesn't belong there.
    Delete it

Code
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.1.23:450',

It's overlapping with another:

Code
    'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.xxxxxx.duckdns.org',

And post the YMLs (SWAG and Nextcloud) you used to see what is the real problem with SWAG.
    Hide your domain, email and DuckDNS Token.

Also, is your domain on DuckDNS still pointing to your WAN IP?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I missed that, but you're right (on the config.php). He needs to delete one or the other.

• I'm getting the following error when I try to create an admin account on my first login to Nextcloud:

Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'nextcloud.nextcloud_default' (using password: YES)

I've double and triple checked the code for the stack, making all the adjustments you specified. And I've ensured that the db password in the stack matches what I enter in Nextcloud. Still no dice. Any guidance, please? FWIW, this is on a raspberry pi 4, if that makes any difference...

Many thanks!

Here's the stack as I've edited, in case it's helpful:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just installed NC three times in a virtual machine exactly how I did in that tutorial, deleting all directories each try to start with a clean slate, and it installed without a hitch

The only way I can duplicate the error you're getting, is if my db password is wrong.

So I can only assume either you're copying it wrong from your password manager, maybe you're copying extra spaces on it, etc. You're never going to use this password again (for NC), so I can't see any need to have this password in a password manager or to really even be overly complex.

• An exception occurred in the driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'nextc

The only way I can duplicate the error you're getting, is if my db password is wrong.

I can vouche for this:

YMLs password fields don't do well, especially if the password has special characters. They have to be escaped.

Even if they're encapsulated in "", the password isn't properly passed.

Better to use a simple alphanumeric password, for eg:

7h3paS5W0rD

Or scroll down on macom guide to see how to fix the error by bashing into mariadb and create the user by hand

• Offizieller Beitrag

Better to use a simple alphanumeric password, for eg:

7h3paS5W0rD

This is a really good point.. I rarely put much effort into this password, (it's not quite "password".. but it's not far off..lol).

I figure in order to really do any damage to my database, they're going to have to have gained access to my machine over the network (ssh, broke into my house and hooked a display and keyboard up to my server..).

Your mileage may vary, but for me.. If it's at that point I've probably got way bigger problems than my Nextcloud database.

• I figure in order to really do any damage to my database, they're going to have to have gained access to my machine over the network (ssh, broke into my house and hooked a display and keyboard up to my server..).

And I can add another one to this:

MariaDB ports are only exposed to the STACK, not to the host.

No way to hack it unless NC is hacked already.

But if it is, then it's already to late, 🫣

• Offizieller Beitrag

No way to hack it unless NC is hacked already.

But if it is, then it's already to late, 🫣

Yup.

I've tried to envision a scenario where burglars break in, and their first thought is, "Grab that computer with no keyboard, mouse or display that is running in that bedroom closet. Find an hdmi cable and a keyboard and bring it out here so I can hook it up to this TV".

Then they'd still have to figure out root passwords or know how to reset root, etc.

• YMLs password fields don't do well, especially if the password has special characters. They have to be escaped.

Even if they're encapsulated in "", the password isn't properly passed.

That fixed it! Out of habit, I'd been using a strong password on my previous attempt. When I changed it to something that had no special characters ("the kind of password an idiot would have on his luggage!"), it all worked out.

I've tried to envision a scenario where burglars break in, and their first thought is, "Grab that computer with no keyboard, mouse or display that is running in that bedroom closet. Find an hdmi cable and a keyboard and bring it out here so I can hook it up to this TV".

I mean, to be fair, my raspberry pi case is a piggy bank that I've bedazzled with glitter and fake gemstones. And it's labelled "Supersecret, don't look at me!" :)

• Working through your awesome guide, I found what might be a typo in the code for the swag stack..

In the line for DOCKER_MODS (line 16), there's an extra space before the dash. When it was there, I wasn't getting a cert, but after deleting that one extra space, it worked fine.

Thanks again for your hard work with all this!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Working through your awesome guide, I found what might be a typo in the code for the swag stack..

Fixed.

Thank you. Surprised nobody's ever caught that before... or they did and didn't bother telling me.

• Good evening, is it possible to use the stacks found in the thread to run nextcloud only in the local network and without opening ports and fix warnings such as “You are accessing this site via HTTP. We strongly suggest you configure your server to require using HTTPS instead.” and "Strict Transport-Security.

The stack I'm using is this:

I can access to nextcloud UI and finish the configuration, but then those warnings remain even if i remove the

"#" in front of

#add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains; preload" always;

and restart the nextcloud docker.

I would just like to use nextcloud in my lan network and access it from outside via wireguard.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would just like to use nextcloud in my lan network and access it from outside via wireguard.

I guess the easiest solution in your case would be to create a self-signed certificate that expires in 10 years and configure it in nextcloud.

You can do what you want, access locally through Wireguard, but Nextcloud wasn't designed for that. It is normal for him to complain.

• You may need an open port for retrieving the cert. But that does not mean nextcloud must be accessible from outside your lan. You could add sth like the following statements to your nextcloud proxy conf file

Code
    allow 192.168.1.0/24;
    deny all;

Your clients also need a DNS entry that points your domain cloud.example.org to the local ip eg 192.168…. or they would be blocked too. Could be done via pihole if you use it.

• Hello, out of necessity I would like to continue this thread. The tutorial from #2 @KM0202 helped me to finally get rid of the "502 Bad Gateway" error and at least to connect to my Nextcloud via Lan Ip.

I have now configured everything according to the instructions of #2 and get when logging in via https still the SWAG message when connecting. The Configs I have checked but unfortunately no errors found. Can someone help me to go this last step?

lg. :)

• Kenji

If you use this Ports on your SWAG Container:

ports:
    - 444:443
    - 82:80
    - 81:81

Than your Fritz!Box configuration is wrong. You are mapping:

- 444:443

444 is your Host port that will mapped to the 443 port of your Container

at the Fritz!Box you have to you use only 444

Same think for 82:80

• okay, unfortunately I am quite unsure here. Are these settings correct? The ports for SWAG are set as you described.

Somehow SWAG and I are not friends. I changed the ports as I thought and now I can't get an internal or external connection (port 450 internal ip) via the browser https://nextcloud.....

lg.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!