Snapraid problem syncing with UFS drive, says there is no available space left.

• Hi

I currently have 2 8tb drives in UFS and another 2 8tb drives, as then 14.55tb & 14.55tb. In snapraid I have the 14.55tb for data, then the other 14.55tb for parity. But when I sync this the problem that comes up:

Your data requires more parity than the available space.

Please move the files 'outofparity' to another data disk.

WARNING! Without a usable Parity file, it isn't possible to sync.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm kind of confused by your description above. Could you please post a screenshot of your UFS page and your SnapRaid/Drives page?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe SnapRaid does not like a parity drive made up of two pooled drives. I have never seen such a setup. If you have four 8TB drives only one of them needs to be your parity drive. One parity drive will cover up to four data drives of equal or smaller size EACH. You are loosing the use of 8TB of data space! Try reconfiguring according to the documentation and then give it a try. Even if you had five data drives the two parity drives required would not be pooled.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is the UFS & Snapraid you asked for, this is how I have set it up

Your first post and the above image are somewhat confusing, you have added the UFS mount points to SnapRaid ?(?(

The drives should be added to SnapRaid as individual drives, so 3x8TB for data 1x8TB parity.

• I am still a little confused. Currently I have 14.55tb in UFS, and 3.68tb left. Is it the case that I only need 1 parity for the 3 data drives and all data will be backed up onto the 1 parity drive.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it the case that I only need 1 parity for the 3 data drives and all data will be backed up onto the 1 parity drive.

The first part of the above is correct, the second part 'backed up' is not correct it stored parity information the best option is to look at the Snapraid Manual that will help you understand Snapraid. But what you have done is wrong and it's never going to work.

• I am confused by this "the second part 'backed up' is not correct it stored parity information" and that manual is even more confusing. Could you guide me through each step that I need to do.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This guide is old but it's still good today

You have to ignore what you have setup in UFS, you have 4 drives, 3 of them you will set as data and the 4th as parity, so when you add them to Snapraid you will I think select each drive in turn and give it a name/label, then check data and content for the 3 data drives and the fourth drive you check parity only.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!