10 Bay Build

• I have previously outgrown a Netgear RN102 (4TB total), and then a QNAP TS431P (12TB total) so decided this would be an epic build that will last a long time with possible upgrades along the way.

I was always going to be PC based for something of this size, so first decision was the case. After a fair bit if research I settled on this. 8 bays natively, but hot swap caddies for the 5.25 bays are inexpensive so I have 10 hot swappable 3.5in bays.

https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=709&area=en

Motherboard is nothing too fancy, MSI B460M Mortar (6 Sata ports, but you lose 1 for the M.2 SSD)

10th Gen Intel i3 processor

16GB DDR4

120GB SSD to host the OS

500GB M.2 SSD to use for Docker apps

Extra SATA ports were added with this card to give a total of 11 SATA + 1 M.2

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/d…ktop-computer-bg00024773/

I currently only have 6 of the 3.5 HDD bays populated with 4TB WD Reds, this meets current storage needs but gives plenty of room for expansion

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Good choice on that case. I have a pair of its little brother, the DS380. I would have gotten the CS380 but it was too tall to go where it needed to go.

My MB has 12 SATA ports on it, but the case only holds eight 3.5in drives, so when it was time to expand I went for an LSI 9200-8E SAS card and connected it to another DS380 box for a total combined capacity of 15 3.5in hot swappable drives.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yes, I was originally planning on using the DS380 and only having 8 bays, but mini-itx motherboards where quite expensive compared to the micro-atx at the time so I went for the bigger case.

The extra 2 bays will probably not needed for quite a while but when my order went in the caddies were on sale for $18 AUD each so I just added to cart!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!