smart disk error following upgrade omv4 to omv5

• Hello, I just upgraded from OMV4 to OMV5 by following the instructions in this post. omv-5-0-finally-out
    Everything goes well, but when I try to access the smart function I end up with a big mistake.

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; smartctl -x '/dev/sda' 2>&1' with exit code '1': smartctl 6.6 2017-11-05 r4594 [x86_64-linux-4.19.0-14-amd64] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-17, Bruce Allen, Christian Franke, www.smartmontools.org /dev/sda: requires option '-d cciss,N' Please specify device type with the -d option. Use smartctl -h to get a usage summary 

Smartctl is not a function I'm used to using, moreover it seems that the procedure has to be done on one of the 5 disks that make up my RAID5.

I would like to be sure not to do anything stupid.

If I understand correctly I'm supposed to do this command?

smartctl -d /dev/sda cciss ? eand for the N argument ?

Or am I completely off the mark.

P.S: I use a non-English speaking translator, so if anything is unclear please let me know.

• You are. Please read the manual page of smartctl (man smartctl). The -d switch is used to define the device type. In your case the drives seem to be connected through a cciss RAID controller and the Raid is propagated as /dev/sda. The N then stands for the number of the device in the Raid:

sudo smartctl -a -d cciss,0 /dev/sda

should show the SMART information for the first device in the RAID. AFAIK the OMV surface is not very good with this kind of setup although the smartmontools are nowadays also capable of detecting devices behind a RAID controller.

• ducksama

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!