AutoShutDown Plugin (Version 5.1.7) is inactive when it wakes up from sleep

• Hi,

I have a problem with the most recent version of autoshutdown plugin. If worked perfect since a couple of years. With the most recent version (5.1.7) it behaves strange. When the system wakes up from sleep mode, then the plugin is inactive. `systemctl status autoshutdown.service` Shows `inactive`. In this state, my system wont get back to sleep again. I have to activate is manually.

Any ideas?

• Can you try moving: /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart to /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart as in the 5.1.7 update we move to systemd start-up what than pm-utils. if this work you should see the script (above autoshutdown-restart) write a log entry to /var/log/autoshutdown.log on the restart if this is not logged the the scripts if still falling for some reason. Also can you verify you are using 'systemctl suspend' command.

Please leave feedback if the above works and raze bug in: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…enmediavault-autoshutdown and i jump on a fix ASAP

• Hi there,

I observe exactly the same issue as gadric describes it. I am also a long time autoshutdown user without any flaws until version 5.1.7..

What I analyzed

Code
    /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep# ls -l
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 839 Jan 19 15:13 autoshutdown-restart
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 399 Sep 30 17:53 openmediavault-watchdog

So it seems that autoshutdown-restart is not (no more?) executable.

I tried this:

Code
    usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep# ls -l
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  839 Jan 19 15:13 autoshutdown-restart
    -rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  399 Sep 30 17:53 openmediavault-watchdog

but without success. Making autoshutdown-restart executable does not solve the issue for me. Perhaps someone has another hint?

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Can you try moving: /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart to /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart as in the 5.1.7 update we move to systemd start-up what than pm-utils. if this work you should see the script (above autoshutdown-restart) write a log entry to /var/log/autoshutdown.log on the restart if this is not logged the the scripts if still falling for some reason. Also can you verify you are using 'systemctl suspend' command.

Please leave feedback if the above works and raze bug in: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…enmediavault-autoshutdown and i jump on a fix ASAP

I got this working, but not with this solution.

In /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/ and in /lib/systemd/system-sleep/ the same file existed.

What I did: chmod +x /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart not the /usr/... .

Now it seems to work again.

• Hi there.

as suggested in posting#3 (from nrand )I tried moving usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart to /lib/systemd/system-sleep/autoshutdown-restart and made autoshutdown-restart executable and now it works again. Thanks all in this thread for the help..

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

5.1.8 is in the repo now and I think it fixes this issue.

• Hi there,

thanks for the new version. I just updated to version 5.1.8:

autoshutdown-restart is removed from /usr/lib/systemd/system-sleep

autoshutdown-restart is installed in /lib/systemd/system-sleep

But:

autoshutdown-restart is not set executable

So, I think it should be set to executable for working correctly. Perhaps any insights on this by the experts? Thanks in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Perhaps any insights on this by the experts?

That was fixed in 5.1.9 released yesterday.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi there,

version 5.1.9 fixed the issue on my system:

autoshutdown-restart is now set executable

Autoshutdown plugin works fine now :)

Thanks all for helping to fix this issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!