Moving share folders to another filesystem. NFS issue (+LUKS) ?

• Hello,

I'm doing a storage migration on my 2 OMV5 instances (VMs under Proxmox with pass-through disks) from various RAID flavors on several 2TB HDD to few unmirrored "big" SSD.

Here's the plan:

1.- Attached SSD to the VM

2.- Wipe the SSD

3.- Encrypt the SSD (this is an extra, I've successfully tested the config within a test instance with unlock using NFS located file key).

4.- Create a single filesystem on the SSD

5.- Stop all clients, and reboot OMV5 VM

6.- Copy using rsync CLI the content of share folders from different FS (RAIDs) to the new FS (SSD)

7.- Move the Shared Folders using the GUI

8.- Stop/Start services (CIFS/NFS/RSYNC) or reboot

9.- Restart clients

10.- Delete & umount old FS, delete/wipe old disks & detach HDD from the VM.

I've already tested steps #5 to #9 because I needed to free some SATA connection for the SSD on the host but if everything went smooth with CIFS it was not successful regarding NFS. The /export/share1name and /export/share2name were empty. No error message, nothing wrong but I ended deleting the NFS shares (GUI) and recreated them exactly the same to make them working again. /etc/exports was just fine, nfs-server service was not complaining, clients were able to mount the "empty-root-located-shares" ...

Any idea on what I missed ?

Thanks a lot in advance

Olivier

• Extra question:

On the 1st OMV I'm migrating right now, the "physical" disks are as follow:

/dev/vda (boot)

/dev/vd{b,c,d} = HDD

/dev/vde = SSD

I've encrypted /dev/vde (LUKS plugin), created a new FS and, after rsync copy, I'll move the shared folders to the new FS.

What will happen when I'll detach the HDDs from the VM ? I guess the SSD will become /dev/vdb. Will the FS & shared folders fine with that ? I've also created an entry like "vde-crypt UUID /key/file" in /etc/crypttab, I guess I'll have to adapt it with the new /dev/vdX.

Is it possible/better to use UDEV rule to force the SSD to /dev/vde ? If yes, what kind of rule should I write ?

Thanks !

• Belokan

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Belokan

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Moving share folders to another filesystem. NFS issue ?“ zu „Moving share folders to another filesystem. NFS issue (+LUKS) ?“ geändert.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!