Suggestion: Pin Kernel 5.9 when using ZFS

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will suggest you guys to pin kernel to version 5.9 rather than upgrading to 5.10 when using ZFS

Debian team didn't decide to upgrade ZFS 2.0.x which support kernel 5.10.

For now, ZFS 0.8.6 only support up to kernel 5.9

And zfs-dkms 0.8.6 will not work at all with 5.10. (compilation fail)

Pin version until Debian upgrade or port to kernel 5.10

You can choose to do that on your system. omv-extras allows you to do that on the kernel tab. I'm not pushing out code that pins a kernel, That would be a mess especially since most OMV users don't use zfs. And as others have recommended, just use the proxmox kernel. I think it is the better choice anyway especially for zfs.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You can choose to do that on your system. omv-extras allows you to do that on the kernel tab. I'm not pushing out code that pins a kernel, That would be a mess especially since most OMV users don't use zfs. And as others have recommended, just use the proxmox kernel. I think it is the better choice anyway especially for zfs.

I totally agree.

This thread is more like notice for whom used debian kernel with zfs like me.

Hope there is no one will break their service when rebooting NAS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!