Rsync Local (from share to 2 external USB drive)

• Hi All,

I've a Raid 1 (2 x 4TB) and 2 USB EXTERNAL Drive (4TB).

I would like to use 1 Ubs external Drive a week (1 connected for all week in office, and 1 not used at home for safe).

I've configured 2 different Rsync Job (1 @ 10am and 1 @ 9.45am) to backup my shared folder on external drive.

When I unplug External Drive 1 and plug External Drive 2 I need to mount filesystem manually (if I don't manually moud Rsync did't find destination)

Any suggestion to solve my problem?

Many thanks.

Bye.

• Take a look at the USB backup plugin. When you connect a USB device it automatically mounts and performs a Rsync. When finished it automatically unmount a the device.

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!