Can't access OMV Gui with AdGuard Home DHCP Server

• Hi everyone,

Hope that somebody will be able to help me with my new problem.

I installed AdGuard Home in docker on my Rpi4 OMV.

As I can't change the DNS in my ISP router (it's forbidden by ISP in France), and as I don't want to configure DNS on each home's devices, I have to use DHCP server of AdGuard Home.

All seem to work perfectly except one thing : i can't access to OMV GUI anymore (and others Web Containers GUI like Heimdall...)

To install I created a macvlan :

Code
    sudo docker network create --driver macvlan --attachable --subnet=192.168.1.0/24 --gateway=192.168.1.254 -o parent=eth0 --ip-range=192.168.1.45/32 adguard_network

Then I created a docker-compose file:

Is somebody have a clue of what is wrong? Why can't I reach OMV GUI anymore when I use DHCP server of AdGuard Home?

Thanx guys...

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• Why can't I reach OMV GUI anymore when I use DHCP server of AdGuard Home

Best guess as with most docker ad blockers you have a port setting of 80:80 in your compose file, if you have not changed OMV's default port which is 80 to say something like 81 then you can't reach OMV's GUI

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• Best guess as with most docker ad blockers you have a port setting of 80:80 in your compose file, if you have not changed OMV's default port which is 80 to say something like 81 then you can't reach OMV's GUI

Hi !

I created a macvlan so normally it is supposed to avoid ports conflicts, doesn't it?

"La fleeeeeeeur en bouquet fââââne et jamais ne renaîîîît !!!", Le Roi Burgonde, Kaamelott.

• AFAIK the port options are not necessary, my bad, but there is a guide here the second post references a stack/yaml file

Ok I installed with the stack in portainer. Easiest way for me, thanx. But the point is I've got the same problem. Can't access OMV GUI when DCHP server from Adguard is activated.

When I look into my ISP router configuration, my Rpi is marked as not connected... I don't know why, because Adguard is marked as connected...

• Can't access OMV GUI when DCHP server from Adguard is activated.

This used to happen with Pi-hole, can you set a static ip on omv outside adguard's dhcp scope, I'm shooting from memory, one reason why my ad blocker is now on a Rpi

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

• use fixed IP for OMV and use 8.8.8.8 or other like this as DNS sever for OMV ( Do not Use IP of the adguard docker)

• use fixed IP for OMV and use 8.8.8.8 or other like this as DNS sever for OMV ( Do not Use IP of the adguard docker)

Hi! It works perfectly now when I use a static IP in OMV with other DNS server!

Thanx Mr. raulfg3 !! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!