Borgbackup plugin can not be used, or uninstalled properly

• Hi,

i tried the borgbackup plugin, but could not create a repo due to an error (exit code 2) when creating.

uninstalling the plugin via the plugin manager gets me a "connection reset by peer".

rebooted the server (vm) to find that the plugin entry in the webui is still present but it showed as being uninstalled. installing and removing a second time did not help (no error this time)

how can i remove the plugin properly or at least the dead entry in the web interface?

thank you all for your work

• agepee

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Borgbackup plugin can not used, or uninstalled properly“ zu „Borgbackup plugin can not be used, or uninstalled properly“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Read problem #1 - Solutions to common problems

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

but it still does not explain the error when using it

The borg manual just says it is a fatal error. So, that really doesn't help determine why the error is happening. You might have to try some borg commands from the command line to see if it gives you more info.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• The borg manual just says it is a fatal error. So, that really doesn't help determine why the error is happening. You might have to try some borg commands from the command line to see if it gives you more info.

did just that. turns out the target folder was not empty. is there any way to have the webui show the error messages of the plugins? had a few encounters (other plugins/settings in omv) where it would just throw some generic messages and left you in the dark about the actual error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is there any way to have the webui show the error messages of the plugins? h

I should be able to improve that.

had a few encounters (other plugins/settings in omv) where it would just throw some generic messages and left you in the dark about the actual error.

Any specific ones?

• i can not really remember any specifics. the last error were before i switched to a proxmox host (omv as a vm). often they just mentioned the line in the script at which the error occured. i think it was something to do with mergerfs - nvm mind this.

thank you for your help though

• I don't know if you still have issues, but may find useful my guide about Borgbackup with OMV

the issues have been resolved. the folder i wanted to use for the repo was not empty - omv just did not pass the error message to the webui.

running the command in cli gave me the correct error message.

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv just did not pass the error message to the webui.

running the command in cli gave me the correct error message.

The plugin does now in the latest release.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!