CrashPlanPro Docker : Cannot specify /config folder

• Hi there,

I was having some hard time creating a CrashPlan Pro docker. CrashPlan would start. I've troubleshooted and found that if I didn't specify any Volumes in the Compose file, CrashPlan would start OK. Good.

Then I've tried specifying a storage volume. It works. Crashplan starts. It created it's own config folder here by itself:

/var/lib/docker/volumes/4345af57db0eb193671b1872ec653b97e1d553332ca0c8460019a6bb01ab26de/_data

But If I try to specify the /config volume, CrashPlan doesn't start.

So this works:

But this doesn't work (only difference is the additional volume):

I didn't create the ../Settings/CrashplanPro_Docker folder at first. I wanted docker to create it by itself. Which it did. But CrashPlan doesn't want to start.

At the end of the log, we see:

[CrashPlanEngine] starting...,

Any ideas why this wouldn't work?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I assume the folder Settings already exists. That could cause an issue if the user with the ID 2028 has not sufficient rights for that folder.

Try

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NVMe500GB/CrashplanPro_Docker

without creating the folder CrashplanPro_Docker.

Docker should create it with the correct permissions (if the user with the ID 2028 exists on your system)

• Hi macom,

Tried that and it didn't work. User 2028 is "dockeruser".

The folder /srv/dev-disk-by-label-NVMe500GB/CrashplanPro_Docker was created by the docker. Here's what the permissions look like:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Tried that and it didn't work.

What does not work? Which error do you get?

Just tried it in a VM and I get to the login page of CrashPlan.

• What does not work? Which error do you get?

I don't get the CrashPlan login screen. If I look at the log, it's stuck on :

Here's the full log:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just curious, is that your actual docker compose? You have a lot of quotes there that might be causing issues (I've never seen quotes in a docker-compose)

The PUID looks weird as well. I guess it's possible, but most servers would not hit that number, until they had over 2k users (which I'm assuming is not your case)

• The PUID looks weird as well. I guess it's possible, but most servers would not hit that number, until they had over 2k users (which I'm assuming is not your case)

Hi KM0201,

I don't have hundreds or thousands of users, but that's the User ID I get:

$ id dockeruser

uid=2028(dockeruser) gid=100(users) groups=100(users),115(ssh),1005(Scan2Folder),1006(dockergroup)

• OK I've managed to make it work like this:

I can absolutely live with this.

I thinks it's weird though, that I can store the config in the Home folder but not on one of the storage drives. Don't you?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Weird... when I create new users, they've always been assigned incrementally from 1000... so for me to get to 2028, I'd have to have over 1k users (misspoke on the 2k, but the point still stands)

The fact it works on the home directory, but not the data drive... makes me suspect there is a permission issue.

Is your Home directory on the Data drive? Otherwise if you have a small OS drive, you may fill it up quickly.

• Weird... when I create new users, they've always been assigned incrementally from 1000... so for me to get to 2028, I'd have to have over 1k users (misspoke on the 2k, but the point still stands)

The fact it works on the home directory, but not the data drive... makes me suspect there is a permission issue.

Is your Home directory on the Data drive? Otherwise if you have a small OS drive, you may fill it up quickly.

Yes I guess it's weird.

How do I check for permission issues exactly?

My Home directory is on the the OS drive, which is 250GB (98% free).

Here's the permissions for my main Data drive:

Everytime I create a new shared folder from OMV GUI on that drive, the owner is always root rwe, Group: users rwe, Others: rw.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The picture seems to show your issue.

root owns the folder, and has read/write/execute access.

groups: root has read/execute rights

guests: read/execute

Users don't have any access to the folder, including I'm assuming this 2028 user.

I'm assuming crashplan needs write access, thus why it can't start (surprised the log didn't show a permission error in the log).

• OK,

This the root of my Data drive. I didn't set or change those permissions myself. It's probably OMV GUI who did it when I first setup OMV. Or maybe a change happened after that. I don't know.

What's the root of data drive supposed to have for permissions?

Even if I create a "crashplan_config" folder on the root of the data drive, with User:dockeruser rwx, Group:users rwx Others:r-x, and I tell Docker to save the config over there, Crashplan docker doesn't show me the login page.

• I did create a new "config_crashplan" folder on the root of the data drive and did set: Owner:dockeruser rwx, Group:users rwx, Other rwx.

Then created a new docker like this:

Crashplan doesn't want to start with this.

Permissions of the config folder:

If I look at the permissions of one of the folders (bin) inside config_crashplan folder: (This was created by docker)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!