New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

still the same, new error:

When looking at the kvm plugin, hit ctrl-shift-R. Your browser must not have loaded the new javascript fixes.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• optical drive doesnt see my iso placed in the pool:

the files are in place:

EDIT:

reboot helped and iso files appeared

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Mio ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

reboot helped and iso files appeared

That isn't a plugin issue. If you start and stop the pool, the files should show up too. I will look for something that maybe will refresh the pool and/or scan the path.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

eboot helped and iso files appeared

I added a refresh function before each listing in 5.0.6 in the repo now. Does that fix it?

• I added a refresh function before each listing in 5.0.6 in the repo now. Does that fix it?

so before update it was working like you mentioned, I had to stop and start the pool to see new iso in the pool (in both cases when i added one and also when i removed one)

after the update iso appeared in the drop down menu after copy without restarting anything:

but is not visible in the volumes:

also i dont know if it is a wanted function to have visible iso files as volumes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

but is not visible in the volumes:

Did you click the refresh button at the bottom of the Volumes list? The function that gets the list of volumes is refreshing each pool before display - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…/engined/rpc/kvm.inc#L842

also i dont know if it is a wanted function to have visible iso files as volumes.

I do want isos in there to give ability to delete. Is there a reason to not list them?

• Did you click the refresh button at the bottom of the Volumes list?

yeah, that did the trick :D

I do want isos in there to give ability to delete. Is there a reason to not list them?

List them yes, its good, but from my point of view it would be better to have them in another tab near the volumes something like "ISO".

when someone will have more volumes, it will be messy. or?

• Offizieller Beitrag

List them yes, its good, but from my point of view it would be better to have them in another tab near the volumes something like "ISO".

when someone will have more volumes, it will be messy. or?

I can add an ISOs tab. I actually have more ISOs than disk images on my system.

• Would it be possible to add a Virtual input device to the vm at creation? I have experienced with Windows and vnc that the mouse pointer not is on point. But when the Virtio Tablet is added to the vm and the virtio drivers is installed the pointer is much better.

The xml code looks like this.

Code
        <input type='tablet' bus='virtio'>
          <alias name='input2'/>
          <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
        </input>

I added the device after the creation of the VM but if it was added by default it would give a better experience for Windows VMs.

Also by the way. It is a nice feature with making a novnc docker. That is really nice thing to have. When that is said, it could also be a really nice thing to have the option for Spice QXL video creation, like Cockpit has.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to add a Virtual input device to the vm at creation?

Yes. The plugin isn't specifying an input device at all. So, I will add and test adding the tablet device for everything.

When that is said, it could also be a really nice thing to have the option for Spice QXL video creation, like Cockpit has.

I went with vnc because vncviewers are much more common and easier to use than spice. I also couldn't find a docker image as good as the novnc image. I will see if I can add both to the vm.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would it be possible to add a Virtual input device to the vm at creation?

input devices added. They will be in the next release. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…f0b26bd5a8ec4bf7a7f99ec20 Worked well on my Windows test VM.

• I think I have found a other bug. When I create a vm whit the uefi enabled I can't use the "Optical" dropdown menu to add a second ISO.

I want to do that so I am able to have bought the windows install iso and the virtio iso mounted at the same time. but I get this error:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I have found a other bug. When I create a vm whit the uefi enabled I can't use the "Optical" dropdown menu to add a second ISO.

I want to do that so I am able to have bought the windows install iso and the virtio iso mounted at the same time. but I get this error:

That is definitely something I didn't test. I will have to look at that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

exactly, or it can be called installation images, or CD/DVD iso/images

ISOs tab added. Will be in next release - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…2f3f448b53e859dda01ab1267

• Offizieller Beitrag

now i wanted to unmount the iso from the VM and following error appeared:

Does the VM have a snapshot?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!