New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• I restarted the server, the docker container is deleted, in the grid are no links available, so i cannot access the VM using web browser:

here is the output from ps aux:

Code
    root@backup-server:~# ps aux | grep websock
    root     24495  0.0  0.0   6080   892 pts/0    S+   15:43   0:00 grep websock

so its not running, the websock...

omv 6.0 in proxmox 7.1-10 - AMD Ryzen 1700 - 48GB DDR4 :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

And you click "create consoles" again?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I figured it out. It has to do with your VM not having a spice port. I will fix.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• nothing will happen when i click on create consoles...

cool that you found the issue, pls let me know steps how to fix it. thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

cool that you found the issue, pls let me know steps how to fix it. thank you.

Install 5.1.1 that is in the repo now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

it will be nice to see the ip of the vm true the qemu guest agent

looking into it.

• Install 5.1.1 that is in the repo now.

Question 1.

Having an issue with the KVM plugin effecting other running novnc instances when starting (or Auto Starting) a VM in the KVM plugin.

I can work around the issue by restarting the other novnc instance, it is Krusader file manager running in a docker container using novnc as a connection method, using port 6080, which also auto starts.

Form an OMV reboot, it only occurs when the Krusader container is running before a kvm vm is started.

Clicking the "Link" for the KVM vm will open Krusader with novnc,

The KVM VM's are using the standard 8081 etc ports.

This has started occurring since the 5.1.1 update.

Question 2.

Is LibVirtd related to the KVM plugin at all?

Researching implementing a PXE server in a docker container that will use dnsmasq, concerned that the container instance of dnsmasq may interfere with the instances of dnsmasq running under LibVirtd.

Thanks for all your great effort on the KVM plugin ryecoaaron it's working out to be an excellent addition to OMV

• Offizieller Beitrag

noVNC in the plugin shouldn't use port 6080 unless you tell it to. Maybe the process detection I added is detecting the noVNC instance in docker. Can you post the output of: ps aux | grep websockify

s LibVirtd related to the KVM plugin at all?

Yes, the plugin uses libvirt.

Researching implementing a PXE server in a docker container that will use dnsmasq, concerned that the container instance of dnsmasq may interfere with the instances of dnsmasq running under LibVirtd.

It shouldn't unless you are using host network on the container. And dnsmasq is not "running" with libvirt. libvirt uses dnsmasq to assign ip addresses certain types of VM networks (ie NAT) but there is no dnsmasq server running.

• noVNC in the plugin shouldn't use port 6080

My Krusader container is using port 6080 for novnc, as you'll see in ps aux | grep websockify below.

The KVM plugin VM's are using your standard ports 8081 etc.

Code
    root      6791  0.4  0.0  69124 11744 ?        S    05:46   1:11 /usr/bin/python2.7 /bin/websockify -D --web=/usr/share/novnc/ 8081 localhost:5900
    root      6878  0.0  0.0  51252  9988 ?        S    05:46   0:01 /usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/websockify --web /usr/share/webapps/novnc/ 6080 localhost:5900
    root     18712  0.0  0.0  49544  4864 ?        S    May12   0:07 /usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/websockify --web /usr/share/webapps/novnc/ 6080 localhost:5900
    root     22875  0.0  0.0  63336  4444 ?        S    May11   0:14 /usr/bin/python2.7 /bin/websockify -D --web=/usr/share/novnc/ 8081 localhost:5900
    root     22885  0.0  0.0  63304 10692 ?        S    May11   0:12 /usr/bin/python2.7 /bin/websockify -D --web=/usr/share/spice-html5/ 8091 localhost:5901
    root     30282  0.0  0.0   2392   764 ?        S    09:59   0:00 sh -c (ps aux | grep websockify) 2>&1
    root     30283  0.0  0.0   2392    92 ?        S    09:59   0:00 sh -c (ps aux | grep websockify) 2>&1
    root     30285  0.0  0.0   3220   892 ?        S    09:59   0:00 grep websockify

Implementing a PXE server in a docker container

It shouldn't unless you are using host network on the container.

The PXE server in a docker container is set to use the host network, but with it's own dnsamsq running within the container.

I guess it's more research and testing.

Thanks for your help ryecoaaron.

• Offizieller Beitrag

My Krusader container is using port 6080 for novnc, as you'll see in ps aux | grep websockify below.

The KVM plugin VM's are using your standard ports 8081 etc.

I will have to change the plugin to run websockify as a different user in order to differentiate from docker.

The PXE server in a docker container is set to use the host network,

If you are using host network, then that port is closed for the plugin too. You really should use macvlan or something to avoid port conflicts with the host.

• Offizieller Beitrag

5.1.2 is in the repo now. I suggest stopping all consoles before upgrading because the plugin won't see old consoles now since they are running as root. The new consoles will run as openmediavault-kvmweb. This much more secure as well.

• I suggest stopping all consoles before upgrading because the plugin won't see old consoles now since they are running as root.

i am not able to stop the console and is still visible in the grid... is there some command to stop it? or just kill the process of the novnc?

• Offizieller Beitrag

i am not able to stop the console and is still visible in the grid

Probably because it is detecting (and possibly stopping) the novnc instance in your docker container.

is there some command to stop it? or just kill the process of the novnc?

just kill the process.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just noticed that if booting a vm to bios only, the noVNC & spice-tml5 URL links disappear after a second or 2 after Create consoles is used.

I'm not sure why the console would stop just because you boot to bios unless maybe the VM is stopping the vnc and spice ports? Can you connect to those ports with a regular spice or vnc client?

Got be quick to catch the link, as described here RE: Cloned disk doesn't boot up .

Seems like an EFI issue. The plugin can't fix the guest. You probably need a rescue iso to fix grub and/or efi.

• Offizieller Beitrag

what I'm doing wrong

I would start by clearing your browser cache or ctrl-shift-R. What plugin version are you using? Looks very old since you have no advanced checkbox. Please upgrade.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!