New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• Good day! I do as you say, but does not allow you to choose a device. in the Bridge settings, choose eno0? But it's confusing that I can't choose a device

• yes, just tick eno0 under "bridge", leave device field empty, OMV will auto fill with the name "br0" or "br1" etc

under IPv4, in Method, choose Static and input the IP Address you want the OMV machine to have, netmask = 255.255.255.0 and gateway = your router ip, probably 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Then put 8.8.8.8 in the DNS field

Then click Save etc

PS do not be afraid to try whatever comes to mind, I solved many issues (including this one) by trying, since I do not have training in Linux or in IT

• Thank you, I understand. And for Virtual machines, in the kvm plugin, also leave macvtap?

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• no, you DO NOT want to use macvtap

you need to setup a NEW virtual machine and in its network setting, choose "bridge" and then the bridge created in OMV - it will probably be called br0 or br1 or etc

I could not find the option to attach the OMV bridge to an existing virtual machine, that is why you need to setup a new one

please see screenshot below

• Offizieller Beitrag

I could not find the option to attach the OMV bridge to an existing virtual machine, that is why you need to setup a new one

The network must be created and active. To add it to an existing VM look at the images:

• Is there a guide somewhere that goes thru an example of running an OS iso image in KVM?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hi guys!The Bridge won by adding 2 network adapters. but now another problem has arisen. I installed Kerio Control as a reverse proxy, everything is fine, but it feels like it doesn't miss more than 100 mbit per second, although the network is gigabit. I tried to change the adapter drivers (Virtio and others), but there are no results, I can't get the virtual machine to work on gigabit, although physically the adapter is gigabit. Please help me where to look, previously there were no such problems on OMV4 and phpVirtualBox.

OMV 6.
    Motherboard: Intel DP55WG
    CPU: Intel Xeon X3470
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    WD Black WD5000LPSX - system
    WD Blue 4GB x4 - RAID 10
    500GB SSD x2 - RAID 1 for VM's and Docker containers

• Hallo zusammen

Sorry for writing in german.

Hier die Zusammenfassung wie VM Gäste den Host mit nur einer Neztwerkkarte sehen können. Darüber hinaus können Gäste in der VM ebenfalls den Host sehen. Aus meiner Sicht ist das dann so wie bei Proxmox. Habe dazu hier und an verschiedenen anderen Stellen die ich nicht mehr zusammen kriege viel gelesen und einen Tag gebraucht bis es lief.

In meinem Versuch habe ich als Host OMV5 verwendet und in einer VM Proxmox installiert. In der VM (Gast Proxmox) habe ich dann eine weiter VM installiert.

Wichtig. Bitte bis zu Ende lesen da sonst schnell was schief gehen kann.

Schritt 1 OMV - Netzwerkbrücke einrichten

Die vorhandene Netzwerkkarte muss erst gelöscht werden.

ACHTUNG! Die Änderung darf nicht angewendet werden.

Danach über Hinzufügen Netzwerkbrücke auswählen

Und nun folgende Einträge passend zu eurem Netzwerk vornehmen. DNS nicht vergessen und dann speichern.

Erst jetzt dürfen die Änderungen über Anwenden angenomme werden.

Danach habt ihr das Netzwerk eures Host auf eine Netzwerkbrücke umgestellt. Eure Netzwerkkarte heißt nun zum Beispiel br0.

ACHTUNG! Sollte etwas schief gehen oder die Schritte nicht wie beschrieben eingehalten werden verliert euer Server sämtliche Verbindungen ins Netzwerk. Er ist von außen nicht mehr ansprechbar. Dann hilft nur noch omv-firstaid um das Netzwerk zurückzustellen.

Schritt 2 - VM Netzwerkbrücke zuweisen

Die Zuweisung der Netzwerkbrück z.B. br0 muss über das XML erfolgen.

Dazu die XML bei ausgeschalteter VM über XML bearbeiten aufrufen

Im XML den Bereich mit der Netzwerkkonfiguration hier am Beispiel Macvtab Bride ersetzen.

Alt

<interface type='network'>

<mac address='52:54:00:aa:bb:cc'/>

<source network='bridge'/>

<model type='virtio'/>

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>

</interface>

Neu

<interface type='bridge'>

<source bridge='br0'/>

<mac address='52:54:00:aa:bb:cc'/>

</interface>

So kann dann aus der VM der Host und aus der VM der VM der Host und die VM der ersten Ebene angesprochen werden.

Korrigiert mich falls ich etwas falsch dargestellt habe. Bei mir läuft das jetzt so wie ich es brauche.

In dem Versuch hatte ich kein Docker installiert. Daher kann ich nicht sagen, ob es in Verbindung mit installiertem Docker ebenfalls läuft.

Vielleicht hilfts dem ein oder anderen.

ciao

• Offizieller Beitrag

The assignment of the network bridge, eg br0, must be made via the XML.

I didn't realize I forgot to add the bridge option to the Add Network option. I will look at that. Then you would be able to remove the old adapter and add a new adapter using the bridge.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

5.1.7 is in the repo now.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Works great thanks

Is ist possible to add a disk with the plugin

I add this to xml to paththrow a disk by id to vm

Code
    <disk type='block' device='disk'>
            <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
            <source dev='/dev/disk/by-id/ata-SanDisk_SDSSDH3_1T00_203245A0109A'/>
            <target dev='vdb' bus='virtio'/>
    </disk>
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Is ist possible to add a disk with the plugin

You can add a pool using a disk but not a disk using a disk.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know if quickemu would be useful or not for this. But it is interesting.

I was actually looking at it. While it doesn't use libvirt, I could potentially use things from it to create new VMs like quickemu does.

• Offizieller Beitrag

actually is there any sort of guide for KVM plug-in ?

If you have already created virtual machines it should be easy to use the plugin. If you have never done it, maybe this will help you.

Basic guide to create a virtual machine with the OPENMEDIAVAULT-KVM plugin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!