New openmediavault-kvm plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

how to add a bridge the right way in omv6 can not add it here

Adding a bridge the right way does not need adding to the Networks tab. When you create the VM, choose bridge for the model and type in the bridge name. If you aren't getting an IP, something is wrong with your bridge or the VM.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi you are right it works when i remove Docker

it is not the bridge or the VM but it has something to do with Docker

btw this is a brand new installation

how to solve

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi you are right it works when i remove Docker

This is a difficult one to solve because docker adds firewall (iptables-legacy) rules that break the bridges traffic. The easiest way to fix is to run docker in a VM. Otherwise, you need to add rules.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi you are right it works when i remove Docker

btw this is a brand new installation

how to solve

The problem could be that you created the bridge when the containers were already working. Recreating the containers could be the solution.

• Offizieller Beitrag

are backups implemented in gui now?

No. Between porting to OMV 6.x and trying to get things to work better (moving some actions to virsh) and VM creation using virt-install (to not have to maintain xml in the plugin), I haven't got to backups.

• What should be the permissions for the two folders "pool" "ISOS".

I created the folders using everyone:read, write as i struggled to get it to work otherwise.

Is that the correct way?

Odroid-HC4, Debian Buster, OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, Syncthing, Nextcloud

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 (intel i5-4570, 8GB ram) OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, OpenVPN, Nginx proxy manager, Nextcloud, Owncloud, Vaultwarden, Filebrowser, Photoshow, Wireguard

• Offizieller Beitrag

What should be the permissions for the two folders "pool" "ISOS".

I created the folders using everyone:read, write as i struggled to get it to work otherwise.

Is that the correct way?

That is a good question. I'm not going to lie here ;) , when I say in the guide "pay attention to the permissions of these folders" it's because I don't know the right answer, so I'm just giving the warning. I can only say that my pool and ISOS folders are owned by root and have 775 permissions and they work.

Maybe ryecoaaron can shed some light here.

• Offizieller Beitrag

VMs are run as the libvirt-qemu user. So, that user should own the folder and have executable permissions. I will look into adding a button that fixes permissions.

chown libvirt-qemu:root /path/to/folder

chmod 700 /path/to/folder

• Offizieller Beitrag

VMs are run as the libvirt-qemu user. So, that user should own the folder and have executable permissions

Added to the guide.

• VMs are run as the libvirt-qemu user. So, that user should own the folder and have executable permissions. I will look into adding a button that fixes permissions.

chown libvirt-qemu:root /path/to/folder

chmod 700 /path/to/folder

Fixed permissions of those two folders as above.

All good thanks ryecoaaron

Odroid-HC4, Debian Buster, OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, Syncthing, Nextcloud

HP EliteDesk 800 G1 (intel i5-4570, 8GB ram) OMV 5.x, Docker, Portainer, OpenVPN, Nginx proxy manager, Nextcloud, Owncloud, Vaultwarden, Filebrowser, Photoshow, Wireguard

• Seeing the same thing with not being able to get an IP address using networking setup method 3 (to be able to ping host and outside).

Would really love to debug this. Any chance someone could chime in what to put into the iptables that Docker creates for it to work just like the ethernet interface does?

On my host machine, that's running OMV, here is ip a output:

I'm able to ping from the host outside just fine, and also able to ping other Docker containers just fine too.

This is what Docker injects into iptables currently:

Looks like Docker creates its own bridge (br-7e3e85864134) and I see no mention of the network change I made in OMV that's just called br0. Do I somehow need to add it to this? Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does anyone know if this line is safe? Does it bypass all rules/port closures or anything of that nature?

If you don't have other firewall rules, then this is safe. You are just changing br0 back to the default behavior that Docker is changing. I would add this rule in the OMV firewall interface to make sure it is persistent.

• Ah good point, thank you!

I have no other custom rules in OMV firewall, but would rather see it in a GUI than the method above. Does this look right? And do I need the same rule for OUTPUT too?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this look right? And do I need the same rule for OUTPUT too?

Looks ok to me. I would try it with just input since the source and destination are the same.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!