Symlinks plugin - works under OMV5 ??

• Guys,

New OMV5 user and just trying to use the SYMLINKS plugs - running 5.6.0.1 of OMV and every time i try to create a link i receive an error - however the link then shows in the OMV interface - but when going to the filesystem the link has not worked.

I installed the symlinks plugin from the commandline using the plugins tab after folllowing this thread

How to mount HDD with OMV by label instead of UUID? - Page 2 - General - openmediavault

Any ideas ?

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

Works fine for me. What are you trying to link? Screenshot of the symlink would help. Also, try linking /tmp/test1 to /tmp/test2

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks for the quick reply.

I have two RAID sets - both with mounted filesystems - but no shares at this stage.

They both show up on /srv by their UUID

I firstly tried to create directories in /mnt as /mnt/oldraid and mnt/newraid

Then tried to use the symlink add in

Will grab the errors and screenshot them shortly

I will try your suggestion re the temp directory and report back

Craig

• Offizieller Beitrag

the directory in mount was created from the commandline as user root

I assume you mean /mnt/oldraid? If so, you do not want to make the directory. That prevents you from creating the symlink (obviously). There should be nothing named /mnt/oldraid in the /mnt directory.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• I would just use good-old "ln -s" (symbolic link) UNIX command. Then if you made mistake use "umount" See UNIX man pages for detailed info.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the quick help

I updated the plugin to tell you if the destination exists.

I would just use good-old "ln -s" (symbolic link) UNIX command

The plugin is doing that. The point of the plugin is eliminate the need to drop to the command line and keep track of your symlinks. ln -s wouldn't work either if the destination was already created.

• You are right. I guess I am just old fashion guy. Spent too many years on UNIX console so I feel more at home with it.

Linux Mint (Edge) EndeavourOS Arch Linux

OMV7 NAS, bond0 LACP, Fractal Design Define R5 Case, Kodi "Omega", FreeBSD pfSense Plus firewall/router

• Offizieller Beitrag

You are right. I guess I am just old fashion guy. Spent too many years on UNIX console so I feel more at home with it.

So do I. I prefer the console and use it all day long every day. But I write plugins for people who aren't like us : )

• Yep i am a commandline guy as well but need to hand this system off to a client so i am going through doing all the things i think they will need on an ongoing basis to see what does and does not work as expected.

Thanks for the quick response and getting the plugin updated so quickly

Craig

• curto

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • curto

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!