X11 forwarding do not work

• Cannot get X11 forwarding to work on OMV 0.5.34

I have OMV 0.5.34, installed on a HpG7N54L miro-server.

Under Services, I have enabled SSH and TCP forwarding to enable SSH tunneling.

Below is the content of my sshd_config file.
    (I have made sure X11 forwarding is set to "yes" and AddressFamily to "inet")

Even with settings above, I still get a "X11 forwarding request denied" during a SSH session.
    I login as root with Bitvise client v4.62 from a Windows 7 PC.

Have a X-server (Xming v6.9), running on Windows 7 PC.
    X-Server and Bitvise setup tested and in working condition. (Tested with Ubuntu virtual Machine)

During the login process Bitvise reports that the X11 forwarding request has been denied.
    Terminal woks fine, SFTP works fine. No X11 forwarding received at X-server.

I had this issue from the firts time I installed OMC. (OVM 0.5.24)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• I don't know this bitvise client. I use Putty and XMing or just Xming. On Putty there is another setting you need to set for X11 forwarding. This may be what you are missing on the Bitvise client. I try to put up a pic here in a second. On Putty you have to put a checkmark in the box to enable X11 forwarding.

• Here is my sshd_config file. It works. You can compare it.

• Tekkbebe,
    Thank for the reply, I do appreciate it tremendously.

Ok, I have copied your sshd_config to my OMV and restarted the OS,
    and :cry: no change.... The only difference betwteen your config and myne is the
    compression setting which I left at the dafault "no".

I switched over to Bitvise Client a while ago after I had some issues with Putty on Windows 7.
    I find it's better and it's free for personal use. Download from: http://www.bitvise.com/ssh-client-download

Bitvise also has the same switch to enable X11 forwarding as putty. (Terminal->X11 Forwarding)
    I did enable it. When it's enabled it, it requests X11 forwarding from the OVM server.
    When I login, Bitvise report an error message: "Server has rejected X11 forwarding request"
    My setup (Bitvise & Xming) were tested with a Ubuntu virtual Machine v10.04, and I works perfectly....

I only difference I can think of, is something you may have installed that corrects this bug, that's not installed on my side....
    Do you have any idea, what I can try next??
    Regards,
    usertl

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know this doesn't solve your problem but try booting something like an Ubuntu live cd on your system. Then use ssh -X to connect and see if x forwarding is working. That will rule out your settings. I use x forwarding to an OMV system quite a bit.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I am quite sure it not a settings issue on Bitvise or Xming. I run a Ubuntu v10.04 virtual machine on another Windows 7 PC on my network, and just load another Bitvise profile to connect with it.
    Works flawlessly. The only thing I can this is that something must be wrong with my OVM setup.....

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just enabled ssh with defaults settings on a test machine, added a new user in the ssh group, and it works perfect from Ubuntu 13.10 to OMV 0.5.35. All settings changed from OMV web interface. Not sure why yours wouldn't work. The only other thing I can think of is do you have xauth installed? I do on both machines I use it on. Not sure if it is needed or not.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I usually install iceweasel (firefox) and xauth and that seems to install all the packages needed (and then some).

• apt-get install xutils

Did you setup Xming correctly???

Before starting Xming server, browse to your directory where you installed Xming: (C:\Program Files (x86)\Xming)

Open X0.hosts and add your server IP (assuming it's 192.168.0.10) <--- change to whatever ip your omv is.

CODE: SELECT ALL

Code
    localhost

I put in localhost and the 2 ips of OMV machines I wanted to use x11. So there are 3 entries in my x0.hosts file. It just appears as xo @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Xming

• Hooooo rayyyyyy!!! :lol: :lol: :D:D :roll: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Problem solved!
    Thanks to everyone who gave ideas...
    Installing xorg solved the problem.

Thanks raycoaaron and tekkbebe!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Good to hear :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!