Openmediavault is adding wrong UUID in FSTAB - System no longer boots

• Hi everyone,

recently installed openmediavault on my debian machine.

It's running from a 1TB SSD which is encrypted.

I added 4 encrypted disks to the system, then installed the LUKS plugin + unionfs + snapraid and mounted my disks.

Adding an SMB share worked fine and i was able to copy files to my disks.

After a reboot, my system is no longer booting. When checking the fstab, the uuids added by OMV do not match the uuids I get when running blickid.

When booting, I now get a message telling me that there's a start job running for /dev/disk/by-uuid/<wrong uuids added by omv> + (after 90 sec of waiting for the start jobs): Time out waiting for device /dev/disk/by/uuid/<wrong uuid added by omv>, followed by "you are in emergency mode.

Why is OMV adding wrong uuids to /etc/fstab and how do i prevent this from happening again?

• I've been able to boot by doing this:

For anyone facing the same problem, this is how you can boot again:

• at the grub prompt, hit "a" to append options
    • add init=/bin/bash to the end of the kernel command line and press enter

The system will boot to a command line enter the following commands at the prompt

• mount -o remount,rw /
    • nano /etc/fstab

Uncomment the wrong uuids by adding # to the beginning of the affected lines.

blkid <span style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">will give you the correct uuids</span>.

I can unlock the encrypted drives using the webui, but i can't use them as the entries are missing in the fstab (which makes sense as i've uncommented them).

blkid is now giving me a lot more uuids as well, now the encrypted disks are unlocked.

So it seems what happens is this: OMV is adding the uuids of the unlocked lvm/partition/disk? (i am not that versed in linux, i've set the disks up using the web ui). however, those are not available during boot, as the disks are locked. i am not prompted to unlock the disks during boot (prompt is coming up only for the encrypted boot drive, which works fine).
    See attached screenshot. The upper uuid is available during boot, the lower one is added into the fstab.

• Offizieller Beitrag

the unionfs-plugin is missing the necessary option to disable automounting.

You can add ,noauto to the options box on both plugins.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!