Control Panel Error | Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory

• Hi today i tried to open my server folder with samba. Then i noticed i have no permissions so I tried to go to the OMV web ui and for no reason i couldnt log in and the samba server closed. The error i get looks like this:

Fehler #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

I tried many things but simetimes it even couldnt find the commands in powershell. To be honest i accidently changed the permissions yesterday for my server and gave omv no permission but i fixed it with chmod 777.

Thank you for your help

• Okay after

Code
    $ monit stop omv-engined
    $ omv-engined -d -f

the console outputs this:

Code
    PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'yaml.so' (tried: /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0Registered data models:<span id="selection-marker-1" class="redactor-selection-marker woltlab-bbcode-marker"></span>

then a big list appears (i think its unnecessary):

thank you for helping.

• okay after that

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall php-yaml

and this is the output:

Code
    sudo: Fehler in /etc/sudo.conf, Zeile 0, während Plugin »sudoers_policy« geladen wurde
    sudo: /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so darf nur vom Besitzer beschreibbar sein
    sudo: Schwerwiegender Fehler, Plugins konnten nicht geladen werden

this means smth like this on english:

Code
    sudo: Error in /etc/sudo.conf, Row 0, whiel Plugin »sudoers_policy« was load
    sudo: /usr/lib/sudo/sudoers.so is only editable by the Owner
    sudo: Fatal Error, Plugin couldnt be loaded

Although i am logged in as root

• Although i am logged in as root

If you're as root, why use "sudo"?!?

• Oh okay i see i removed the sudo and installed something

This is the output

• Sorry, had to "Google Translate it" since I don't speak German.

1 erneut installiert

"Reinstalled..."

wird eingerichtet

"Is configured."

So, did it solve the problem???

• Sorry, had to "Google Translate it" since I don't speak German.

"Reinstalled..."

"Is configured."

So, did it solve the problem???

Sorry i forgot to translate it...

it says :

Code
    0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 1 erneut installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 5 nicht aktualisiert.

this means as much as:

Code
    0 updated, 0 new installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 removed and 5 not updated

somehow it didnt solve the problem, it still says:

• I'm afraid I reached the limit of my knowledge on this one, sorry.

Let's wait for some more input from someone else (I'm also curious to see the solution to this)

But, as you said:

To be honest i accidently changed the permissions yesterday for my server and gave omv no permission but i fixed it with chmod 777.

I don't know if this ---^^^ isn't the root of the problem, :/

• yea i think too thats why i want to reinstall my server but i dont want to set up my everything...

Idk why but votdev isnt answering anymore but thanks you for trying

• IMO you should consider to reinstall from scratch. The system seems to be in a non-functional state. The access rights seem to be so confused that not even sudo really work.

is there a way to save some stuff because i dont want to reinstall it completely

• From where are you installing packages?! https://packages.sury.org/php/ is not a Debian archive mirror nor is it an Openmediavault repository. Instead it is Ondry Sury's private repository with rebuilds of packages from Debian Sid. You are installing third party packages which are neither from the Debian nor the Openmediavault project and it seems you sućcessfully f... up your system. If you have no idea what you are doing, why are you doing it then? And I can perfectly translate that for you in German: Wieso installierst du Pakete von https://packages.sury.org/php/? Dieses Repository gehört weder zum Debian noch zum Openmediavault Projekt. Wenn du sinnlos irgendwelche Pakete installierst, musst du dich nicht wundern, wenn dein System nicht funktioniert!

It also explains why /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so cannot be found. Because this file would have been in the php-yaml package from the Debian repositories.

If you want to solve the situation: Remove that repository. Find out which packages belonged to this repository instead of Debian or Openmediavault (apt-show-versions might help you). Reinstall the correct packages from Debian/Openmediavault. And then one can start to fix the remaining issues.

• From where are you installing packages?! https://packages.sury.org/php/ is not a Debian archive mirror nor is it an Openmediavault repository. Instead it is Ondry Sury's private repository with rebuilds of packages from Debian Sid. You are installing third party packages which are neither from the Debian nor the Openmediavault project and it seems you sućcessfully f... up your system. If you have no idea what you are doing, why are you doing it then? And I can perfectly translate that for you in German: Wieso installierst du Pakete von https://packages.sury.org/php/? Dieses Repository gehört weder zum Debian noch zum Openmediavault Projekt. Wenn du sinnlos irgendwelche Pakete installierst, musst du dich nicht wundern, wenn dein System nicht funktioniert!

It also explains why /usr/lib/php/20180731/yaml.so cannot be found. Because this file would have been in the php-yaml package from the Debian repositories.

If you want to solve the situation: Remove that repository. Find out which packages belonged to this repository instead of Debian or Openmediavault (apt-show-versions might help you). Reinstall the correct packages from Debian/Openmediavault. And then one can start to fix the remaining issues.

Ok danke :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!