• Offizieller Beitrag

Depends on what you are using it for and what plugins you use. I have 2 gigs in mine.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Depends on what you are using it for and what plugins you use. I have 2 gigs in mine.

Mostly CIFS, bit of NFS, bit of rsync. Only plugin I use is LVM.

• You only need 2 gigs for what you listed as your usage. I have 8 gigs but I'm using vms a lot. If you are buyng new ram I'd go 4 gigs just because you can pick it up fairly cheap these days. I just added 4 gigs to my serverr for 25 bucks, g skill ddr3-1333. When I bought the original 2x2gigs it was like 65 dollars. I have a mini OMV for movies at our cottage and it's running 2 gigs ddr2-800 quite nicely.

• I would just max it out, the same rule applies to OMV since it does file caching just like FreeNAS did (common with *nix systems). RAM is so cheap nowadays, that there's no reason not to max it out. Do remember to use the x64 version of OMV if you are using more than 4GB of RAM.

• @Spy, I would differentiate between what makes OMV functional and maybe what is desired. For the usage described above 2 gigs will definately make OMV functional and a worthwhile project. I remember what it's like to be a starving student cannabalizing machines to make a half way decent one.

• If you want to put it that way, then the minimum is 512MB with a standard install, recommended would be 2GB with plugins. This is from tested hardware I currently have and by monitoring memory use between changes.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!