Update patch version of Python

• Hi everyone. Is it recommended/possible to update the patch version of Python on OpenMediaVault?

Like, OMV 4 here on my RPi has Python 2.7.13 and 3.5.3. Could I update 3.5.3 to 3.5.10 and 2.7.13 to 2.7.18? I've read it's not recommeded to update the minor version, but what about the patch one?

• DADi590

Removed the Label OMV 4.x
  • Possible? Probably.

Recommended? No. Someone done something similar a few weeks ago and a few people tried helping then the thread just kinda went away. I'd assume he ended up reinstalling. IIRC, he had added in an Ubuntu repo to omv and it pulled the python upgrade when he did a system update.

Whatever you may need it for, you should consider running it in docker. That should be safe

Air Conditioners are a lot like PC's... They work great until you open Windows.

Edited once, last by KM0201 ().

• I'll go with the worst case then (opposite answers, so the worst one seems the best to follow?), and not update anything. Weird I can't even update the patch version of it. But ok. Could be worse.

Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!