This guide can also be used for setting up other container with macvlan.
With macvlan you can assign an IP address to your container which is different from the one of your host.
Prerequisite: Portainer up and running
Steps to deploy the container:
- copy the code with the icon in the top right corner of the code box
- in Portainer click on "Stacks"
- click "Add stack"
- give the stack a name, e.g. iobroker
- copy the code in the web editor
- adjust the code to your needs (see comments in the code)
- click "Deploy the Stack"
- wait: the image is being downloaded and the container is started, which will take some time
- when finished iobroker can be reached in this example with 192.168.0.3:8081 (the port can be changed using an environmental variable)
IP address calculator: http://jodies.de/ipcalc
Image on docker hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/buanet/iobroker
Docker info about macvlan: https://docs.docker.com/network/macvlan/
Tutorial in German: https://smarthome.buanet.de/20…ber-portainer-einrichten/