SMB/CIFS Log file is empty

• Hi All,

I have been using OMV for a couple of years. I have a slight issue that has me stumped! I have a build of OMV version 5.6.2.1 (usul). I have noticed that the SMB/CIFS log is blank. Other logs are populating but for some reason I am unable to get this log to work. I'd be grateful of any ideas / assistance. I have enabled 'audit file operations' under the SMB/CIFS share section. I have also read the samba documentation and included. 'logging = file' under the extra options but no joy. I have built a second install of omv on another device and logging is working fine. I have compared settings on both systems but nothing obvious is different in the configs. I would like to avoid rebuilding the system and grateful of any assistance / other config files / debug files I could review to resolve. Great product and community! Thanks K

• Hi Macom,

Thank you for a prompt response. I have compared the two files and nothing stands out however I think I may have solved the empty log. First, worth pointing out that both /etc/samba/smb.conf files were similar and nothing obvious but always good to know where the config and logs reside - so thank you.

That's when I figured... I am using SSH from my linux desktop to copy media to the share on the first machine via Remote.IT so on the basis A) the remote machine isnt on my LAN and B) I am not connecting via SMB/Microsoft-DS (port 445) then that could be the reason nothing is being captured on the samba log? Its just my best guess but would make sense. Rgds K :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!