Replaced my 1TB HDD with two in RAID0 and it seems like I broke something (mainly the web interface)

• I wanted to experiment with RAID 0, since those old HDDs aren't exactly fast and I had another 1TB HDD at my hands. So I made a full backup of it on a seperate drive and removed all the shared folders on it and everything else I could find in the web interface. Since the RAID settings within OMV didn't seem to let me use any of my connected drives (the list of drives was simply empty), I decided to just create a new RAID via the command line (following a tutorial for Debian). The RAID 0 seems to be working fine, but only through the command line rn, since I cannot access the web interface anymore to create new shared folders on it. I get the typical error message for a not existing webaddress.

Can I somehow hard reset everything from OMV and configure it again? Or have I somehow nuked my installation and have to reinstall it? I would prefer not to reinstall the whole system, since I installed a small minecraft server on the machine as well.

• You could try to SSH into the server and start "omv-firstaid" More here: omv-firstaid usage

Then there is an option to configure the WebUI.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• That's really weird: I managed to get into the control panel now by using the IP with port directly instead of using the name (which I used for ssh btw) seems like there is some kind of problem with my PC having remembered that the site wasn't online once and still giving me the page (even though I already removed the whole cache from Firefox)

• Auravendill

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Anscheinend hätte ich die Probleme wohl eher im Browser oder DHCP-Server suchen sollen.

Manchmal hilft es auch, nur den Browser Cache zu löschen.

Es scheint nun wieder alles zu funktionieren.

:thumbup:

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Perhaps for the sake of those who don't speak German, you could stick with English as that's what this thread was started with.

Sonst kann das nämlich auf manche Leute ziemlich irritierend wirken. 😉

• Sonst kann das nämlich auf manche Leute ziemlich irritierend wirken. 😉

Google translate is your friend. There are several examples here in the forum regarding threads with mixed languages.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• There are some threads started in German where e.g. geaves responds in English. Personally I would prefer an answer in a different language than no answer at all :)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• I must confess I hatte das nicht bemerkt. Du bist right again. 😁

Really interesting grammar!^^

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Google translate is your friend. There are several examples here in the forum regarding threads with mixed languages

:thumbup: it works when a thread is mixed, but doesn't work if a single post is mixed + you sometimes have to decipher the translation, for instance sometimes you see a reference in German to platten, that translates in English to plates.

Then you get this, I had abschmiert translate to smears and not crashes, deepl is usually a better option.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

• , I had abschmiert translate to smears and not crashes, deepl is usually a better option.

The translation result of any online translation tool is not always perfect. You always have to pay attention to whether the translation fits the context. This is a really nice example: "abschmieren" means "to lubricate" but in IT-context it has mostly the meaning of a system crash.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!