RPI4 - OMV5 - GUI - Was "refused" now Login Loop

• Hi

I have been using the search for the last 48 hours and trying to help myself, but I seem to be lost, my head spinning, and not sure what I have and have not tried.

Everything was working fine until about 4 or 5 days ago, when I noticed the shares that I had mapped in windows 10 had stopped being mapped to drive letters... But could be browsed via windows exploder under "networks" so did not think much of it, and it might not be relevant.

Noticed a day or so later that one of the shares I could no longer see even via browsing, but was even wondering if it was my imagination that I had ever set it up (it had no files yet)

Tried to login a couple of days ago to setup that share, or investigate, and when trying to login to the GUI the connection was refused (tried different browsers, machines, incognito mode..

SSH seems to work fine via putty.

So started bashing the search here and on google.

Tried everything I found, including using the omv-firstaid via ssh to set the GUI port, (tried every main menu command)

The last 3, clear local upload package rep, clean apt, and clear web control panel cache, hit on problems with permissions, so I CHMOD the snagging files to 777, however now I realise I should have been using omv-firstaid in sudo or su perhaps.

Eventually, after trying lots of things I found in this forum, the fault changed from no GUI, to now being in an infinite loop in the GUI login.

Put in the username and password - Returns to login screen.

Put in the wrong username or password - Red warning text about wrong username/password

Change the password in omv-firstaid - same results as above.

Rebooted the machine via SSH, different browsers, same issue.

I have been through what seems to be every "login loop" thread in this forum, and tried hundreds of things, still the same problem.

I have used df with different options as mentioned in several threads, and I am pretty sure my SD card is not full.

On one of the threads, there was a way of looking at the log files for login attempts, and when I looked at it, I could see that if I read it, tried to login, then re read the log, I could see that it seemed to be getting logged in, but then closed, and then logged in again and closed again.

I think I need to go back to basics, but first need a little help with the right commands and options to produce some logs and outputs to post here. Maybe for the disk being full or not (I am pretty sure I am reading it right, but I might be missing something) and for the logins attempts and bootup.

I know I have tried many things listed in this forum, but could probably do with some more directed help, with one of you lovely people directing me where to start and what syntax to use with the commands.

I don't mind poking around in linux, I have been doing it for years, but normally just to fight a fire or set something up, but it is not something I am totally comfortable about, which is why I keep pushing myself.

So, where should I start (or start again) from?

• sarbirus

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • I just noticed that if I scroll down in omv-firstaid I find that there is another option, for sending a diagnostic report to the administrator.

When I do this I get the following error..

Submitting system diagnostic report to the administrator account. Please check your email mailbox ...

Unknown script, /usr/share/openmediavault/sysinfo/modules.d/| not found.

ERROR: Command '['omv-sysinfo', '|', 'mail', '-s', 'System diagnostic report', 'root']' returned non-zero exit status 100.

• here is also my output from df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 15G 4.3G 9.5G 31% /

devtmpfs 805M 0 805M 0% /dev

tmpfs 934M 0 934M 0% /dev/shm

tmpfs 934M 8.6M 925M 1% /run

tmpfs 5.0M 4.0K 5.0M 1% /run/lock

tmpfs 934M 0 934M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup

tmpfs 934M 0 934M 0% /tmp

/dev/sda1 110G 47G 63G 43% /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-ede36f89-1edc-4bd6-8be0-ad3d91d6c779

/dev/mmcblk0p1 253M 48M 205M 19% /boot

/dev/sdb1 1.8T 77M 1.8T 1% /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-dd9d55e1-f7a0-4ef7-9793-01fefba419f6

tmpfs 187M 0 187M 0% /run/user/1000

• OK I went through some more linux comfort zone busting activity, as I thought I should delve deeper, and get more familiar with all things Linux.

Did some digging around and found I could still CD into the two drives on the system and see my shares and files.

I eventually decided to disconnect the two drives, and completely run through the OMV installation from scratch over the top of the the current SD Card.. All completed successfully, but still an infinite loop of logging in which returned back to the login screen again.

So I decided to not be a burden in here, and instead disconnect the two drives, pull the SD drive, format a fresh one and set everything up from scratch, with the idea of once OMV5 was back up and running, I could reconnect the two drives, and see how easy it was to get the two shared drives and multiple shared folders back up and running again. (With the only worry being if mounting and setting up shares might kill my files)

Anyway, it was much easier than expected, within an hour I was back up and running, and was able to select my original shares from the drives by browsing them during the SMB share setting up process.

Was all much easier than expected if anyone else is thinking they might loose their files in the process.

• sarbirus

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!