OMV5 multiple issues

• Something happened today ;(, and I am not sure what. I noticed the WebUI wouldn't load and then I discovered that somehow most (if not all) of the packages for OMV got removed. I attempted to reinstall but then had issues getting all the packages to install. It was saying some packages weren't configured yet and running apt -f install did not fix the issues as the required dependencies also would not install. It is a crazy mess and I am not sure where/how/when it started or happened.

Right now, I am trying to reinstall the packages for OMV but I am getting Hash Sum Mismatch for a lot of the packages. I managed to sort some with:

rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

apt clean

But not all. Taking avahi-daemon as an example:

Hopefully fixing this one will fix them all.... any ideas how I can sort this?

• Are you booting on a flash drive? If yes, maybe your flash drive is going to die.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hopefully fixing this one will fix them all.... any ideas how I can sort this?

If you can't sort it out:
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault 
    But, depending what is damaged, that may wipe out your config.

@cabio_leo has a made a serious point.

If you're booting from a thumb drive that's dying, there's no fixing it. If you have backup, now is the time is use it.

• According to SMART, all my disks are fine.

Can't reinstall openmediavault as I constantly get Hash Mismatch for several packages.

I have tried apt clean and even deleting all files in the apt/lists directory.

• Mine apt is broken too since yesterday...

ZFS Dependecies somehow changed during apt upgrade....

all openmediavault stuff got uninstalled...

Openmediavault is reinstalled via --reinstall but login in webif is not possible anymore

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(57): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}

Installing openmediavault-zfs uninstalles many zfs packages and leaves apt in an compromised state...

Hoping some maintainer points out the issue maybe due to changes in debian buster repositories...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't reinstall openmediavault as I constantly get Hash Mismatch for several packages.

For the sake of clarity, have you have attempted to "reinstall" (from scratch) with the ISO?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Installing openmediavault-zfs uninstalles many zfs packages and leaves apt in an compromised state...

Hoping some maintainer points out the issue maybe due to changes in debian buster repositories...

Have you tried the Proxmox kernel?

• Have you tried the Proxmox kernel?

Think this is the Proxmox Kernel:

Code
    5.4.103-1-pve #1 SMP PVE 5.4.103-1 (Sun, 07 Mar 2021 15:55:09 +0100) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Don't want to occupie this Thread ... sorry... If these are two different situations, I open another thread for that...

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, not yet. I assumed this would wipe away my existing configs so was leaving as a last resort...

Yeah, that's not the best outcome, but sometimes it's unavoidable. If you do rebuild, consider doing it on a Thumb drive for ease of OS backup. An SSD is not needed to boot - but that's your call.

• Have you updated OMV's plugins, in the GUI? (Not just the package updates.)

No ... just "atp upgrade"

I did update omv-extras pkg from their website just to be sure... but versions were the same...

GUI is not accessible anymore due to the error mentioned above so there is no way to update plugins via GUI

• Offizieller Beitrag

all openmediavault stuff got uninstalled...

You might be in a rebuild situation as well.

If OMV is partially uninstalled you could try apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    (In a test I ran on the command, it didn't wipe the config but that's not guaranteed.)

GUI is not accessible anymore due to the error mentioned above so there is no way to update plugins via GUI

If the above brings OMV back again try omv-update This can be found in the GUI under System, OMV-Extras, Settings tab, Update button, or run the command on the CLI. If you haven't updated in awhile, you might have run it twice.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Per the other post, if you need to rebuild:
    Consider doing it on a Thumb drive for ease of OS backup. It's nice to be able to recover full server function in a matter of minutes, "then" figure out what's going on.

• Yeah, that's not the best outcome, but sometimes it's unavoidable. If you do rebuild, consider doing it on a Thumb drive for ease of OS backup. An SSD is not needed to boot - but that's your call.

It was just what was already internal in the case. I bought my old desktop PC off my work. This was my first OMV install and I always planned to deploy a better system when OMV6 was released. If I do indeed need to rebuild, I will look at that though.

I've managed to partially get OMV reinstalled. I think it was a strange DNS issue. Leaving it overnight suddenly allowed me to install those mismatch packages again.

However, I am now getting:

I've tried the normal apt clean and clearing the lists/sources paths etc. Which I had to do previously, but it doesn't sort this.

No idea how to find what it is referring to as Is a directory

WebGUI is back up and I was reviewing my config to consider a rebuild when I realised I had deployed LVM... never migrated that to a new Linux install before :/

• You might be in a rebuild situation as well.

If OMV is partially uninstalled you could try apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault
    (In a test I ran on the command, it didn't wipe the config but that's not guaranteed.)

If the above brings OMV back again try omv-update This can be found in the GUI under System, OMV-Extras, Settings tab, Update button, or run the command on the CLI. If you haven't updated in awhile, you might have run it twice.

Is this an AI Bot? :)

Reinstall didn't work as mentioned above and the omv-update thing brought me in the situation right now...

And a description how to initiate the update via GUI when the GUI isn't working right now? Come on :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this an AI Bot?

I'm self aware, if that's what you're getting at. Whether I use a neural interface, versus a key board and mouse, shouldn't matter.

And a description how to initiate the update via GUI when the GUI isn't working right now? Come on

I mentioned the GUI "if" the reinstall command line worked. While they may appear to be the same, there are differences between apt upgrade, apt-get update and omv-update. As already mentioned, omv-update works on the command line as well and updates to the latest ZFS plugin. The latest ZFS plugin is aware of the change in packages needed to install ZFS utilities. (But maybe you knew that already)

Can you do a ls -la /eta/apt/sources.list.d/ ?

Hope that helps. I think I'm done here.

• I had 2 files missing so I added those, the others were the same content:

Code
    total 24
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Mar 26 19:39 .
    drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4096 Mar 26 14:18 ..
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  381 Mar 26 19:39 omvextras.list
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root   80 Mar 26 19:37 openmediavault-kernel-backports.list
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root  191 Mar 26 19:36 openmediavault.list
    -rw-r--r--  1 root root   60 Sep 30 16:53 openmediavault-local.list

I think I'm going to have to suffer the inevitable and rebuild ;( not that I am ever against that, I probably would have done it anyway since something isn't right, I just don't like not being able to get some idea of what was wrong.

I currently have OMV running, but not fully functional. I can't install OMV-EXTRAS since APT won't work..... I'll keep digging over the weekend and look to rebuild if no further progress next week.

Thanks for your efforts!:)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!