OMV5 multiple issues

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think I'm going to have to suffer the inevitable and rebuild

Pretty much knew that.

Thanks for your efforts!

While some links were provided earlier, figure out how to get some OS backup. With backup you won't have to bother with something like this again OR, if you're curious and want to do a forensic analysis, you can compare the backup to the defunct boot drive. (And, after about 15 minutes, decide to use the backup anyway.)

• Pretty much knew that.

While some links were provided earlier, figure out how to get some OS backup. With backup you won't have to bother with something like this again OR, if you're curious and want to do a forensic analysis, you can compare the backup to the defunct boot drive. (And, after about 15 minutes, decide to use the backup anyway.)

Making a backup has been on my list for ages, but just kept putting it off :S Normally such a stickler for this. Thank fully I do have a backup of my docker containers though!

Thanks again!

• If you did that from the cli you should run omv-aptclean

Would you believe it!! When I ran omv-aptclean that showed:

Code
    rm: cannot remove '/var/cache/openmediavault/archives/Packages': Is a directory

I removed that directory and re-ran omv-aptclean and I am working again! :love:

I've now managed to run apt update and install the missing packages and get back to a normal-ish state.

I think I will now plan out a rebuild anyway, but I am certainly in a much happier place. It might be dirty and not 100% as it should, but it does seem to be working as it was before.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I never knew about that command before. One to remember!

You guys rock! 8)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Let's see, you added two files (that got deleted somehow) AND deleted a directory (that you didn't create). Now read your thread again. Are you sure everything is fixed or is it just band-aided? If I were you, I'd still rebuild.

Your call.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I never knew about that command before. One to remember

That's because this is not necessary to do from the cli, it's all done in the WebUI, OMV is a KIS NAS, if you have notifications set up you get updates via email. It's very rare to have to use the cli for basic functionality, in fact apt upgrade should not be necessary.

• Let's see, you added two files (that got deleted somehow) AND deleted a directory (that you didn't create). Now read your thread again. Are you sure everything is fixed or is it just band-aided? If I were you, I'd still rebuild.

Your call.

Totally agree... I think I will rebuild, I'll just plan it rather than just diving in but I am working in the meantime.

• Grats that you are up and running again...

That ls -la thing flew out to you mate... don't know why that bot felt addressed... as that won't help me with my RPC error... maybe kinda miscalibration...

Now think about a backup of your now-running-omv :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

That ls -la thing flew out to you mate... don't know why that bot felt addressed

In the next thread like this the "BOT" will separate the second user into another thread. It's too confusing to work two problems at the same time, when one user with a problem is attempting to help another user with a problem (in the same thread), instead of working on his own problem.

• In the next thread like this the "BOT" will separate the second user into another thread. It's too confusing to work two problems at the same time, when one user with a problem, is attempting to help another user with a problem (in the same thread), instead of working on his own problem.

I'm so sorry to struck your (not existing) nerves but I offered that in the early days....

Don't want to occupie this Thread ... sorry... If these are two different situations, I open another thread for that...

But you just kept posting for some higher amount of posts in your stats ;)

All that rudish beside.. I really appreciate everyone who is offering his/her time for helping everyone out of his/her personal omv-disastery moment... keep up all of that and don't get suck down by all those negative people... just reflect yourself every posting you do...

• Just for the records....

Volker posted some debugging help on rpc connection errors...

Code
    omv-engined -d -f

With that running in console I'm able to login in GUI again...

Console giving me following error message constantly:

But this all is not giving me any clue on what is broken in my system... :(

• Just for you guys getting attention to all that via google...

somehow my openmediavault-engined.service got masked...

so thats why starting it via console made login possible...

unmasking, enabling and startig this service made my system up and running...

Thanks for all your input!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!