I hope this is the correct spot for my thread, if not feel free to move. As my first post here I wasn't really sure of any other category.
Over the past days I've setup openmediavault on my homeserver, which ran on Windows. I thought the step up would be a good one for better drive management after one of my old drives failed. So basically this is the hardware:
16GB Ram (non-ecc)
MSI H170M-A Pro motherboard
Kingston SSD 120GB system drive
WD Blue 4TB data drive (will add more of these in the future)
500/500Mbit fiber connection
Deco M5 as main router (supports gigabit)
3Com 24 port switch (don't have the correct model at the moment, but also supports gigabit)
Connected with Cat6 cables
Other PC in network also support gigabit on the NIC.
I'm running openmediavault, with portainer and several containers:
Everything is really nicely synced up, but SABnzbd seems to not get more speed than 11.1MB/s, so around 89Mbit/s. This happened on pretty much all the downloads. My usenet provider does not limit speed and I was always able to max out my speed on the previous installation, so around 55-60MB/s, so around the 500Mbit/s mark.
Now what I have done so far to isolate and troubleshoot:
- just to be sure swapped the ethernet cable in between the server and the switch
- sending files over from the openmediavault share to a local pc and vice versa connected over ethernet, for example 1000MB.bin takes less than 10 seconds, confirming gigabit speeds are working locally
- the 3Com switch shows a gigabit link (green) for the server, otherwise the led would blink orange
- ethtool shows 1000mbit link available, see below:
- SABnzbd speed limit is turned off
- restarted all the docker apps
- rebooted the server multiple times
Edit: while connected through SSH I've also tried speedtest! Result is not good.
So I've installed speedtest-cli and when running that I've got these results:
It seems that it's not only for docker apps then, but the server doesn't receive the speed that it should externally anyway.
So pretty much everything is set correctly but I'm unable to download at a higher speed than around the 100MBit/s mark. What can I do to troubleshoot further or do you guys have any ideas where the issue could lie and what I can do to fix it?
thanks in advance,