Change of Raspberry Pi 4(8GB -> 4GB) -> No connection to OVM

• I use a Fritz!Box with a OVM5 on a Raspberry Pi 4 with 8GB RAM.

Now I realized, that this is not neccessary and 4GB RAM would be enough.

I changed the SD-card to a Raspberry Pi 4 with 4GB RAM and it did not showed up in the Fritz!Box list of connected devices.

I attached a monitor to the Raspberry Pi and see, that OVM started, I see the same eth0 IP-address as I expected but I was not able to login via admin and password.

[ OK ] Started Hostname Service

[ *** ] A start job is running for Wait for Network to be Configures

[FAILED] Failed to start Wait for Network to be Configured

openmediavault 5.6.2-1 ....

MEDIA login: _ (cursor blinks)

^ this is what I see on the screen

But with admin and the correct password I do get the message

No directory, loggin in with HOME=/

This account is currently not available

It asks for login+password again. I cannot reach a command line for whatever check of the network / dhcp / hostname problem that occured by changing the hardware (= changed LAN-Adapter/MAC address).

I tested the SD card with its OVM5 installation on the 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 again, eveything works fine. I can see it in the Fritz!Box and can connect via https://Hostname or IP-address

Back to the Raspberry Pi 4 4GB: If I do not login with admin but with a normal username, I can start omv-firstaid and network-reparation (first entry), but do not seem to have the rights for special setups.

• KM0201

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Agricola

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • Prior, I realised only a console login with my user, which did not had any sudo rights.

But then I was able to login with the pi account from the Raspbian installation.

Then I was able to use the advise from here to run

Code
    ifconfig <network_interface> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

which was in my case

Code
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.x.y netmask 255.255.255.0

and within the router (Fritz!Box) I had to delete the old entries of my OMV installation and also the device entry of the other Raspberry Pi.

So I had to restart the OMV-Raspi, but it did not worked. I had to run the above comman again with the user pi to get the OMV-Raspi connected to the Fritz!Box with its expected IP-Address.

Then, a login with admin in the web-gui was possible. But this seems to be not stable for a next reboot...

If I run „Identify“ in the web-gui under Network > Interfaces I receive the following error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; ethtool --identify 'eth0' 30 2>&1' with exit code '255': Cannot identify NIC: Operation not supported

So, maybe someone knows to to solve the last step I need to transfer a SD-card from one Raspi to another?

• Ok, I finally used the user pi for a one-time-change of the IP-address via

Code
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.x.y netmask 255.255.255.0

and then logged in OMV via web-gui and changed Network > Interfaces > eth0 settings to static IP

address: IP-address of omv-raspi 192.168.x.y

netmask: 255.255.255.0

gateway: IP-address of router 192.168.x.1

So now it seems to work fine...

• macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!