Issues adding data drive to luksencryption+SnapRAID+MergerFS Setup

• Setup:

• Running OMV5.6.2-1 on a NAS with 4 ext4 hard drives
    • Encrypted with luksencryption 5.0.2
    • in a SnapRAID configuration with 3 data + 1 parity
    • joined using MergerFS, unionfilesystems 5.1.2

I'd like to add another data drive. It's the same model as one of the other data drives (8TB WD80EMAZ), there's nothing special about it. But I'm having issues adding it.

Currently the drive is physically installed. I'll try to add it again and note the errors I see. Here are the steps I take to add it to my configuration:

• Reboot system
    • Log in to OMV control panel, receive error: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='a70836c4-39ff-4285-99a8-47ec32eb4f82']'.
      • This is new, it only started popping up after trying to add the drive. I did make some edits to config.xml earlier when the drive was marked as missing to remove it, maybe I messed something up...
    • Unlock encrypted disks
    • Mount pool manually: sudo mount -o nonempty /srv/26598dff-902d-469f-b41e-32f6126a4e38
    • Wipe new hard drive, Activate SMART Monitoring, add short self-test
    • Encrypt new hard drive and unlock
    • Create new ext4 file system on the new data4 drive
    • Attempt to add new hard drive to SnapRAID, but the drive is not present in the "Add drive" dialog
    • If I try to add it to my Union Filesystem... there's now no filesystem at all visible here, even though I have the pool drive mounted and am able to access it. This is new...
    • Reboot
    • Unlock drives. Get errors from unlocking 2 of the drives, but they seem to be fine afterward:
      • Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-uuid/32e0184f-79cd-476f-9493-5e68edc88dab' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-32e0184f-79cd-476f-9493-5e68edc88dab: /dev/mapper/sda-crypt already mounted or mount point busy.
      • The filesystem '/dev/disk/by-uuid/2d289946-dfcc-424a-9397-cf12ce2453af' is already mounted.
    • Still can't add the new drive to SnapRAID, still can't see my Union Filesystem.

It seems like I really screwed something up. Does anyone have any ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!