PINE64+ as NAS device : Problems and solutions - help needed

• Hello.

I have PINE64+ with 1GB of RAM laying down my box so I decided to use it as NAS device.

I tried to search in PIne's forum and verywhere on the net but looks like no luck about it. Suggested ISO links are dead and github of OMV has no explanation or guidance about possible iso that could be installed on PINE64+.

So, I would like somebody to help me pointing to where I can download OMV's iso for PINE64+ ?

Configuring OMV looks like no problem and there is instruction, too.

Regards,

• Offizieller Beitrag

Install the Debian Buster server image from pine (really armbian image)- https://wiki.pine64.org/index.…r_and_Light_Desktop_Usage

Then follow the guide Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Install the Debian Buster server image from pine (really armbian image)- https://wiki.pine64.org/index.…r_and_Light_Desktop_Usage

Then follow the guide Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

Hi,

I installed everything according manuals and almost everything is fine and good set, except:

- When I first time set folders in omv it is ok, I can upload files to them.

- When I try to remove files it says it is read-only state of file or folder although in setting i set folder parameters to read-write for eveyone.

- Also when settings DLNA server it did no show folder I choose as part of dlna system. I have to share the same folders in samba so I could be able to copy files to it. DLNA server could be found on my local TV and it play files but I just can not edit them if I want and access the system from network (samba) share. I must mention I use Ubuntu as a operating system.

ANy clue why after basic setting of the folder as a read-write it jumps to read-only parameters ?

• janeku

Hat den Titel des Themas von „PINE64+ as NAS device“ zu „PINE64+ as NAS device : Problems and solutions - help needed“ geändert.
  • In addition to my question above:

I got stuck without clue :( so I decide once again re-install everything (raspbian and omv).

Once again I was following instruction and everything goes well.

So I tried to upload some files to new created folder and went so sleep. Next day (today) I receive notification that it can't copy more to a disk giving me option to skip files and after checking error message I see that it says folder is only in read-mode ????

I tried to remove shared folder from SMB and DLNA and also remove users that have privileges to them but I receive this mesage:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; setfacl --remove-all -M '/tmp/setfacl68OZLK' -- '/srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/' 2>&1' with exit code '1': setfacl: /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-add2dc37-ac09-4a67-987f-3befaa34f12a/Videos/: Read-only file system

How to solve this problem ???

• Offizieller Beitrag

raspbian and omv)

How is "raspbian" coming into the question? Raspbian will not work well on a Pine64.

Get the image for the Pine 64 -> here. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and get the Buster image. (DO NOT use the image with an XFCE desktop.)
    Download the Buster - Pine 64 image and this guide to build -> (OMV on Armbian SBC's).

At the end of the build guide, there's a link to the New User guide in a Wiki. Follow it to Initial Configuration. Use EXT4 and create shared folders and SMB shares with "everyone" access, as it is in the guide.

When get the Pine64 working, back up the SD-card. There are instructions for how to do it, in OS Backup, in the User Guide. With backup, if something goes wrong, you'll be able to recover.

When you have something that works with "everyone" permissions - if you want to tighten up permissions, look at this doc. Permissions in OMV.

• Sorry my mistake: It is armbian.
    Everything is set now but there is issue with unmounting disks with some time of inactivity.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Everything is set now but there is issue with unmounting disks with some time of inactivity.

You might want to look at what you're using for a drive dock or drive enclosure. Many of them auto power down disks after inactivity.

The dock's I use auto power up disks on access.

• Although I use ubuntu for more than a five years I am still a noob on some questions.

My two disks is set as shown when I type lsusb:

Bus 002 Device 005: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 152d:0578 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge

How and where I should check usb power settings if hey are set for suspend mode on ? And how to change it (diable of suspend mode) and make it permanent.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How and where I should check usb power settings if hey are set for suspend mode on ? And how to change it (diable of suspend mode) and make it permanent.

If I had the option, I'd turn off disk suspend as well. I'm not aware of any chip set or brand, in drive docks or enclosures, that would allow user modification of power saving profiles.

• If I had the option, I'd turn off disk suspend as well. I'm not aware of any chip set or brand, in drive docks or enclosures, that would allow user modification of power saving profiles.

Well as I can see in openmediavault setting page, disks are recognised and it say they are present but just unmounted.....

• Offizieller Beitrag

So what is happening now? Are you mounting the disks, under Storage, File Systems?

Another question; Are you fully up to date?
    Under System, OMV-Extras, there's an Updates Button. Select OMV-Update.

After the update (if you didn't do before), with the Jmicron controller you may have to wipe your disks, format them and start again.

• So what is happening now? Are you mounting the disks, under Storage, File Systems?

Another question; Are you fully up to date?
    Under System, OMV-Extras, there's an Updates Button. Select OMV-Update.

After the update (if you didn't do before), with the Jmicron controller you may have to wipe your disks, format them and start again.

I bought new one for my PC (Gembird 4 port USB 3.0 hub with external power adapter) that replaced with hub I use on PINE64 and since then I had no problems at all. Looks like older usb hub issue. I put old one usb hub on my PC (there I do not need it so much).
    I think this thrad should be closed ;)

• macom

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • macom

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!