SnapRAID-diff script running multiple times.

• I have email notifications on and got a string of 4 emails from my OMV server telling me the :SnapRAID SYNC Job finished". The task is scheduled for 3am.

The first email was 3:01, then 3:06, 3:10 and 3:22.

The content of the emails was slightly different with the "Cycle count" and "not met" numbers changing.

Email contents below.

Any ideas?

• Did you press the Scheduled Diff button and activate the job more than once? Look in your Scheduled Jobs list to see if you have more than one of these defined and active.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Look in the /var/lib/openmediavault/cron.d/ folder and examine each userdefined-* file there to see if you have any duplicates that run the script.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• There are 3 files in that dir. The contents match the 3 jobs that show up in OMV > Scheduled Jobs

• I dunno then. If you can't find multiple copies of the cron job somewhere, it's a mystery.

--

• I'm also getting the following error messages from another SnapRAID email with the subject "Cron - SnapRAID - Scheduled diff."

Is this related to the script running multiple times?

• I exclude all my docker things from SnapRaid for this and similar reasons. There are just too many very frequently changing files and SnapRaid does not like that. That wouldn't be caused to the script running multiple times.

--

• That makes sense. I'm going to add my docker and config files to the exclusions list.
    What's weird about these errors is, this is a backup folder, so all the files are static. How do I get SnapRAID to accept these files? I want them to be synced and scrubbed, since they are a backup.

• One of the problems you will probably run into with files like these is that if you ever need to restore them, SnapRAID can't restore the permissions and ownerships. This might render those files essentially useless.

--

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!