Windows 10 Build 2004 not sending User-Account to Samba always prompting for credentials

• Hello experts,

I have recently updated my Microsoft accounts password and now everything seems to be broken.

Steps already done:

1. Change my ovm-password for this user aswell

2. Force updating samba password using smbpasswd

Until last month I could directly access my SMB shares by entering the UNC path or mapping the drive with Windows 10.

Now I always receive a prompt for my credentials.

But my syslog does not log any check_ntlm_password event

Before my password change I have mapped my username with my Microsofts account e-mail address using the samba user map function.

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

Username = mail@domain.com

The Windows eventlog sending out events, but the samba service does not receive the request.

I also do not see any trace of my e-mail address in the samba log anymore, as if its not used anymore by my Windows 10 system.

I tried nearly everything to restore my old situation, where I did not have to enter any password, because credentials were matching.

I have tried increase the SMB level, increases the log level to find anything, setting the NTLMv2 Mode.

Nothing helps.

The only thing I see, is that the first connection request seems to be always anonymous.

Windows is either not sending the user account information to my OMV or Samba did not read it correctly.

When I enter my credentials, with either my user name or the e-mail address, and the correct password, everything works.

But the benefit from having the same credentials in Windows and OMV is gone.

Does someone may have any clue on this?

KR

oem111

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!