OMV is waking up randomly

• Hey Guys I've got a problem with my OMV: it is waking up randomly and I don't know why. My knowledge isn't that good so I can't figure out any reason. Is there any way to see what is waking up my NAS?

The problem shows up on different time spans - on some days the NAS stays on sleep, on other days the NAS is waking up several times. I am using the AutoShutdown Plugin to send the machine into sleep (Shutdown command "Suspend").

There are no sheduled jobs/wakealarms set up. Maybe the NAS is waking up because any other network device is sending a ping/magic packet - is there a way to check/log this?

I am running OMV 5.6.2-1 (Kernel 5.10.0-0.bpo.4-amd64) on an ASRock Q1900-ITX

I am from Germany, so please don't mind my English

• This is the output:

Edit:

this is the Output from ip a:

So there are some more interfaces - can you tell me why? I deleted the parts with ip- and mac-addresses

• Okay, i see. So nothing to worry about?

What does that mean for me? Is my NAS waking up frum WOL? Any other possible soft-/hardware actions? Is it possible to track the incoming WOL signals?

• I am usually waking up the NAS with WOL so disable it is not a permanent solution for me. But I will disable it for testing

Edit: My NAS is still waking up after I disabled WOL on NEtwork > enp3s0 > Edit >Wake-on-LAN

• Okay, I disconnected the network cable and checked the logs - no random wake ups. So there ha sto be a network-side Problem. Is there a way to see which ip causes the wake ups

• Leider nein. Es sei denn... ist vielleicht irgendwas im BIOS/UEFI bezgl. Wake-on-LAN falsch eingestellt?

Ansonsten könnte es einfach ein defektes LAN-Kabel sein... kannst Du ein anderes probieren?

• Leider nein. Es sei denn... ist vielleicht irgendwas im BIOS/UEFI bezgl. Wake-on-LAN falsch eingestellt?

Ansonsten könnte es einfach ein defektes LAN-Kabel sein... kannst Du ein anderes probieren?

Wake On Lan lässt sich lediglich (de-)aktivieren, ansonsten gibt es da keine Optionen. Das Kabel habe ich ebenfalls schon getauscht

• What other devices are sharing the LAN with your server?

Maybe it's possible to configure your router to filter magic packets unless they're coming from a specific IP (i.e. the computer you want to wake the NAS from).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!