Issue with SFTP - SSH public key authentication not working properly

• Hi :)

In SSH configuration i'm using public key authentication and i've disabled authentication with password.

I'm also using the SFTP plugin and in there it does not matter if i enable or not the public key authentication, it will always act like it's enabled. So if i login in SFTP with WinSCP it will use my private key also if i disabled public key authentication in SFTP.

Password authentication instead works fine for SFTP even if it's disabled in SSH configuration.

I think that the SFTP plugin inherits public key settings from SSH, overwriting anything i select for SFTP. Correct?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think that the SFTP plugin inherits public key settings from SSH, overwriting anything i select for SFTP. Correct?

Nope. The sftp plugin is completely separate from the ssh plugin. It starts its own server process with separate config file. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…es/omv_sftp_config.j2#L38

That said, I screwed up the saltstack code when porting to 4.x and it uses all environment variables ignoring some of the settings from the web interface. I never noticed (I do use the plugin) because I never disable public key auth. So, don't look at settings in ssh and think they affect the sftp plugin. I will have to fix it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nope. The sftp plugin is completely separate from the ssh plugin. It starts its own server process with separate config file. https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…es/omv_sftp_config.j2#L38

That said, I screwed up the saltstack code when porting to 4.x and it uses all environment variables ignoring some of the settings from the web interface. I never noticed (I do use the plugin) because I never disable public key auth. So, don't look at settings in ssh and think they affect the sftp plugin. I will have to fix it.

Oh i see, thank you for the prompt response!

Will keep the thread unsolved in the meantime.

• Offizieller Beitrag

5.0.7 is in the repo.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• steakhutzeee

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • steakhutzeee

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!