OMV connection refused

• Hello all.

I installed OMV on Fujitsu PC laptop, no problem with it, I can connect on it, but, when I go on any browsers I couldn't connect to the interface, 192.168.1.27 refused the connection without graphical interface. I tried on Microsoft Edge, on Firefox and on Brave, but could never connect to the interface.

I tired to deactivate Firewall, but could not connect too, the same with anti-virus.

I also tried, on the Fujitsu PC, the omv-firstaid command, I can access and configure what I want on it, but on the others PC, I couldn't go into graphical interface, with 192.168.1.27 (who is the IP adress that OMV has configured, and I accessed it ONLY 1 time, and after, no way to access it after other 100 tries). I tried with 3 differents PC, all with Windows 10, but nothing to do. I couldn't connect.

What could I do now for connecting to it please ?

Thank you by advance for the help.

• Can you ssh into the machine on that address? Are you 100% sure you are using the correct IP address?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Just because you accessed the server on any particular IP address some time ago doesn't mean it still has the same address. They typical address assignment method is via DHCP and unless you deliberately changed it away from this setting and set a static IP another different address may have been assigned.

Look in your router's DHCP assignment table and see what addresses are in use. Try those instead.

Or you can use the console shell to run omv-firstaid to reset the interface.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I finally access it by unblock port 80 in windows firewall. Port TCP and UDP. But I am not sure, I will test this tomorrow, but isn't it dangerous to unblock this ports for ALL applications ?

• It would be impossible for you to visit most websites if you could not connect to port 80. So either your setup is mangled, or you are misunderstanding things. I don't use Windows so I can't comment about its firewall. But in general, if you don't understand something you probably shouldn't use it.

--

• Is it dangerous to unblock this port ? I have access to the web interface since I have unblock this port.

For testing, I have unblock port 8080 TCP and UDP too.

And by the way, why can't I access to the web interface by every PC at home ? ? ? ? ? I have 3 PC on Windows 10, and none of them would access to openmediavault.

• I can't answer any questions about Windows or its firewall.

--

• OK, for Windows, I can understand, but with Manjaro Linux I can't connect too. And with my Android Phone, I can't connect too.

Now it's working for the IP adress in Windows 10, BUT, when I share a folder, I can see it, but I can't access into it. I give all the access, but Windows tell me that I'm not permitted to access it, how can I do please ?

• I reset ALL OV settings, and make a new share, but can't access to it. In Windows, I see the folders, but can't access it, Windows say that I haven't give the permissions to access it, while I have give ALL the permissions that I could.

Can you help me please ?

• I really not understand ALL working for 24 H, BUT when I try to connect to Openmadiavault after 24 H, IMPOSSIBLE to connect. Windows says that I couldn't connect in the file browser, and I do not have access rights to access OMV.

I created a fixed ip on my box however. But I have only access to the web interface, but not in the file browser after 24 H.

I really don't understand, can you HELP ME please ? ? ? ? ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it dangerous to unblock this port ? I have access to the web interface since I have unblock this port.

For testing, I have unblock port 8080 TCP and UDP too.

No, it's not dangerous to unblock a client's port 80 or 8080, on the local LAN. Forwarding port 80 at your router, from the internet to your local LAN, would be dangerous. What I find interesting is why that would be necessary. It shouldn't be required.

You said that you turned the Windows firewall off. Did you turn off the firewall for "local" or "public" networks?
    If you have your local LAN set as a public network, that could be part of the problem.

I didn't see where you SSH'ed into the server. Help with that is -> here.

If language is a problem, google translate will translate the User Guide to your language. (You might try rebuilding, using the New User Guide with Google Translate. That might be helpful to get you started. Utilities like PuTTY for SSH are explained.)

• My local lan is set to Private network, I NEVER set it to public network.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried with 3 differents PC, all with Windows 10, but nothing to do. I couldn't connect.

This is unusual to say the least.

To get a known baseline, please rebuild again. (Remember, the Laptop should be connected to a "wired" ethernet connection, that has access to the internet.)

Use this Guide and, other than the name of your network share, don't deviate from the steps and settings. The guide will walk you through an OMV build, and the set up an SMB share with no permission requirements.

• To get a known baseline, please rebuild again. (Remember, the Laptop should be connected to a "wired" ethernet connection, that has access to the internet.)

Why with wired ? Mine is connected with Wifi, that doesn't work in Wifi ? ? ? ? ? However, for around 24 hours, it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!