apt keeps asking for updates

• I updated OMV to version 5.6.3-1 yesterday and received a mail this morning, that 56 packages have been installed successfully.

I know from the changelog that automatic security updates were intrododuced - so far so good- but here comes my problem:

All updated packages didn't receive a version upgrade.

armhf (1.8.2.2) unpacked over (1.8.2.2), apt (1.8.2.2) unpacked over (1.8.2.2), etc.

The web-interface still shows pending updates, now it's 62 packages that want to be upgraded.

Extract from apt-list --upgradeable

Code
    apt-utils/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]
    apt/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]
    curl/stable 7.64.0-4+deb10u2 armhf [upgradable from: 7.64.0-4+deb10u2]
    libapt-pkg5.0/stable 1.8.2.2 armhf [upgradable from: 1.8.2.2]

Is this related to RE: libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2 installation problem or should I upon a ticket on github? OMV-updates have been working without hassles so far, so I'm pretty sure it's yesterday's OMV-upgrade that introduced these problems.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is this related to RE: libapt-inst2.0 1.8.2.2 installation problem

Yes.

OMV-updates have been working without hassles so far, so I'm pretty sure it's yesterday's OMV-upgrade that introduced these problems.

Not related. omv-update and omv-upgrade do the same thing.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

Not related. omv-update and omv-upgrade do the same thing.

Ok I didn't mean to refer to the update->upgrade change which happens to be in the same release.

I meant the auto-install-of security-updates thing, as I guess it introduced/changed openmediavault-os-security.list?

Am I supposed to execute your suggested command

Code
    sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/info/libapt-inst2.0:armhf.md5sums
    sudo apt-get --reinstall install libapt-inst2.0

for all 62 packages that won't resolve? Is there maybe a more compact command to clean apt?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I meant the auto-install-of security-updates thing, as I guess it introduced/changed openmediavault-os-security.list?

That just tries to auto-install security updates. It can't fix this unless it stops adding the Debian security repo for *just* the RPi.

for all 62 packages that won't resolve?

All you should have to do is what is in my post.

Is there maybe a more compact command to clean apt?

Not sure what you mean. Other than apt-get clean or omv-aptclean? Neither of these will "clean" a package conflict that is causing the problem. The debian security repo shouldn't be added to the RPi. I haven't thought of a solution to suggest to Volker to fix this since it only affects the RPi and this is the first time it has happened.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Thanks for your input, here is what I concluded from it:

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list has to be removed from RPis (Yes I'm running OMV on one)

After I removed said file I ran sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, updated all packages again (without increasing the version) and now no updates are pending -> problem fixed

Zitat

All you should have to do is what is in my post.

In your post you suggested to remove the hashsum and reinstall the package, which would have been quite a hassle for 62 packages.

But removing the sources-file is enough to fix the issue.

• Rabux

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • Rabux

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

/etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-os-security.list has to be removed from RPis (Yes I'm running OMV on one)

But it will be added back any time you make a repo change in the web interface.

In your post you suggested to remove the hashsum and reinstall the package, which would have been quite a hassle for 62 packages.

My post doesn't say anything about doing that for 62 packages. Just one.

• Zitat

But it will be added back any time you make a repo change in the web interface.

What do you mean by that? Does this include only the following switches or also the omv-extras repos?

I've been running OMV in this configuration for over a year and this is the first time a problem with apt occured. I didn't do anything in the web interface except for starting the upgrade of OMV from v5.6.2-1 to 5.6.3-1

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you mean by that? Does this include only the following switches or also the omv-extras repos?

No. This is an OMV setting not omv-extras. So, if you enabled the community repo in the OMV plugins settings tab, it would replace it. Updates to OMV might do that as well.

I've been running OMV in this configuration for over a year and this is the first time a problem with apt occured. I didn't do anything in the web interface except for starting the upgrade of OMV from v5.6.2-1 to 5.6.3-1

Yes, I know. This was caused by Debian AND Raspbian releasing the exact same package version in their repos which makes apt confused because their checksums are different. This is the first time I have seen this since using Raspbian (years). Now that it is fixed, you shouldn't have any problems again. But the ultimate fix is not adding the Debian security repo on RPi. Like I said, I still need to think of a solution that Volker will like.

• ultimate fix is not adding the Debian security repo on RPi. Like I said, I still need to think of a solution that Volker will like.

just to be sure I have correct understanding.

Is this the same issue I reported in GH while testing the 5.6.3 pre-release?

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!