- VALIDATION=duckdns

# - DNSPLUGIN=cloudflare #optional

- DUCKDNSTOKEN=92908fbe-fa0d-4160-89a8-17199d4c0fc0 #optional

#- EMAIL=doogleaelf@yahoo.com #optional

#- DHLEVEL=2048 #optional

#- ONLY_SUBDOMAINS=true #optional

#- EXTRA_DOMAINS=<extradomains> #optional

#- STAGING=false #optional

- MAXMINDDB_LICENSE_KEY=K1azlafHcZsP8SEL #Maxmind.com Key user mymail@gmail.com Pass= XxxxxxxxxxxX

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5ace7d5-5952-4205-a5d4-7408637605c9/app/swag:/config # please use your own path

ports:

- 457:443

- 91:80 #optional

restart: unless-stopped

When I try to change the ports, I get a conflict error for binding at 0.0.0.0 and the container does not deploy.

Is there a problem having swag, nextcloud and nextclouddb containers all using the same network?

==================================================================================================

• yea, I uninstalled portainer, docker and reinstalled and still get the 0.0.0.0 conflict error when trying to use 443 in the swag docker file. I'm trying to deploy it with portainer, is that the issue?

• I'm trying to deploy it with portainer, is that the issue?

nope

Is there a problem having swag, nextcloud and nextclouddb containers all using the same network?

nope, they have to be on the same network to be able to talk to each other

When I try to change the ports, I get a conflict error for binding at 0.0.0.0 and the container does not deploy.

Change where which port from what to what?

Is the container starting when you do the port mapping like you posted in #22?

• nope

nope, they have to be on the same network to be able to talk to each other

Change where which port from what to what?

Is the container starting when you do the port mapping like you posted in #22?

When I try to use 443:443 it complains bitterly and refuses to deploy.

• When I try to use 443:443 it complains bitterly and refuses to deploy.

Your router is configured to portforward 443 to 457 && 80 to 91 so, you must stick with those ports on SWAG.

On this, the EMAIL variable can NEVER be optional otherwise SWAG won't be able to provide a CERT for the website.

[EDIT]

Also port 91:80 can NOT be optional, SWAG needs port 80 to emit the CERT.

[/EDIT]

• ok so here is where I'm at. I deleted everything, recreated it all again, this time using a single compose file which created all the containers; swag, nextcloud, nextclouddb. edited the proxy conf file in the swag folder. made the following change: line 20 >> fun1sys.*

Was able to locally complete the installation of nextcloud, but the admin login hanged and then timed out. edited the config.php file and added the following info:

1 => 'fun1sys.duckdns.org',

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://fun1sys.duckdns.org',

'overwritehost' => 'fun1sys.duckdns.org',

'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

As soon as I did that and restarted the nextcloud container I could no longer access the nextcloud web page either locally or remotely. I would get the following error: fun1sys.duckdns.org refused to connect.

Here is the complete Docker compose file ( i will add as attachment also)

=================================================================================================

version: "2"

services:

nextcloud:

image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest

container_name: nextcloud

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- MYSQL_HOST=nextclouddb

- NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_USER=admin

- NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_PASSWORD=magicshow

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5ace7d5-5952-4205-a5d4-7408637605c9/app/nextcloud/config:/config

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5ace7d5-5952-4205-a5d4-7408637605c9/app/nextcloud/data:/data

- /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro

depends_on:

- mariadb

ports:

- 450:443

mariadb:

image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/mariadb:latest

container_name: nextclouddb

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

- MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=magicshow

- MYSQL_DATABASE=nextcloud

- MYSQL_USER=admin

- MYSQL_PASSWORD=magicshow

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5ace7d5-5952-4205-a5d4-7408637605c9/db/nextclouddb/config:/config

swag:

image: linuxserver/swag

container_name: swag

cap_add:

- NET_ADMIN

environment:

- PUID=1000

- PGID=100

# - DNSPLUGIN=duckdns #originally tried using this, don't have the plugin, cert gen failed

- URL=fun1sys.duckdns.org #changed from duckdns.org

- DUCKDNSTOKEN=92908fbe-fa0d-4160-89a8-17199d4c0fc0

- SUBDOMAINS=wildcard #changed from fun1sys

- ONLY_SUBDOMAINS=true

- VALIDATION=duckdns # changed from http

- EMAIL=doogleaelf@yahoo.com

volumes:

- /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-a5ace7d5-5952-4205-a5d4-7408637605c9/app/swag:/config

depends_on:

- nextcloud

ports:

- 457:443

- 91:80

=================================================================================================

================================================================================================

And this is the swag output using the latest iteration of the all in one compose file:

Code
    -1 }"> - Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at:
    -1 }"> /etc/letsencrypt/live/fun1sys.duckdns.org/fullchain.pem
    -1 }"> Your key file has been saved at:
    -1 }"> /etc/letsencrypt/live/fun1sys.duckdns.org/privkey.pem

At this point I'm clueless. There appears to be different interpretations of how to set this up. Any help would be appreciated.

• Same goes for:

Code
    nextcloud:
    image: ghcr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud:latest
    container_name: nextcloud
    environment:
    - PUID=1000
    - PGID=100
    - MYSQL_HOST=nextclouddb <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------Not needed
    - NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_USER=admin <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---------------Ditto
    - NEXTCLOUD_ADMIN_PASSWORD=magicshow <<<<<<<<---------------Ditto

Instead of just trying to create a docker-compose (and adding/deleting stuff without having a slight understanding of what they do), just follow ONE guide.

There's one simple and functional guide on the forum that will set you up in no time.

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Guides - openmediavault

All you need is to set the paths to your own and with your own info/mail/token/ports/ etc....

This is macom guide docker-compose.yml:

• I tried using

[How-To] Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose

and it failed.

I noticed with that document all they did was rename nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample to nextcloud.subdomain.conf I did only that... did not edit the file. ... and no UNLIKE what the document states, it DID NOT DELETE nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample. I could not even get the nextcloud create user/database page to come up. It simply goes: fun1sys.duckdns.org refused to connect. So beats the hell out of me. I think I'll just take a break from it all and look somewhere else for a solution.

• ok .. I did finally get it to work. I deleted everything... docker, poortainer, all the images... the whole #!.

I only used docker-compose and the .yml file following the instructions from ....

how to nextcloud with letsencrypt using omv and docker compose

Not sure if any of this helped but I cleared my browser cache and waited a bit after restarting nextcloud.

I want to thank Soma for the above link and now I'm off to do what I really wanted to do in the first place .... Plex!!!!

I'm sure I'll have some issues with that. I use NFS shares from 2 WDMyclouds . One is the older 4.xx firmware and the other has the new OS 5 on it. Seems they are both happy using NFS v4. The new OS 5 has a newer version of Twonky:

WD MyCloud v5.12.108 Twonky Server 8.5.2-3

WD MyCloud v04.05.00-342 Twonky Version: 7.2.9-15

You can tell if you have a older Mycloud by looking at the end of the PN:

-00 = Gen1 <<< do not try to upgrade to OS5 >>>

-10 = Gen2 <<< can be ugraded to OS5 >>>

The newer Twonky made a difference ... I have an 2013 Sony BD/DLNA player that kinda limps along. With the higher resolution videos it struggled. With the newer twonky several videos that barely sorta played cleaned right up and ran fine.

Kevin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!