Help with Docker - not running and cannot uninstall

• I recently developed a need to set up Docker on my OMV NAS as described below:

After reading numerous recommendations I did the following:

1. created a shared folder on the NAS to use for Docker [/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data/Docker] As my OS is on a 32GB SSD
    2. I set the ACL for this folder to allow Docker to Read and Write
    3. In the Docker setup page I added the shared folder to the Docker Storage field
    4. I changed the IPTables to use Legacy
    5. I saved that configuration
    6. I Installed Docker

The result of this is that Docker shows that it is installed but not running (even after numerous Docker Restarts and a couple of Server Reboots.

Furthermore I thought perhaps I should just Remove Docker and Re-install but in doing that I get an error message saying Docker Cannot be uninstalled.

Also the boot log held these gems if they may help:

Code
    2021-04-16T16:21:18-0400 Borg.ShulistHome systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers....
    2021-04-16T16:21:18-0400 Borg.ShulistHome docker[16632]: /usr/bin/dockerd not present or not executable ... failed!
    2021-04-16T16:21:18-0400 Borg.ShulistHome systemd[1]: docker.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    2021-04-16T16:21:18-0400 Borg.ShulistHome systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
    2021-04-16T16:21:18-0400 Borg.ShulistHome systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers..

I am not sure how OMV_Extras caused this to happen but I would appreciate any assistance in correcting this problem.

OMV 5.6.4-1 ■ AMD 6 Core ■ 8TB

• ShamusLit

Removed the Label resolved
  • ShamusLit I'm curious why you changed your IPTables to legacy, and what you mean by “I set the ACL for this folder to allow Docker to Read and Write”

Simple and sure backup and restore: In a Scheduled Job: rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-SOURCE/ /srv/dev-disk-by-label-DESTINATION/ (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)
    OMV 5 (current) - Hardware: Thinkserver TS140, Nextcloud, Plex, Airsonic, Navidrome, Ubooquity, Digikam, & Heimdall - NanoPi M4 (v.1), backup - Odroid XU4, Pi-Hole (DietPi) - Testing/Playing: hc2, xu4, Pi 3B+, Odroid H2. Mac user trying to convert to Linux on a HP dx2400, Debian 10 XFCE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!