HW Transcoding for AMD 2200G for Jellyfin/Plex Docker containers in OMV

• Hi gang, has anyone been successful to get hardware transcoding working using an AMD 2200G either in Jellyfin or Plex in Docker?

I'm able to get Jellyfin hardware transcoding working when viewing my movies on my workstation. I'm able to see the Radeon Vega 8 GPU transcoding using the app radeontop. But I am not able to make it work when trying to view my movies using Chromecast on my TVs. The screen just stays dark and I need to stop the Jellyfin from trying to Chromecast.

And for Plex transcoding using an AMD CPU has been unsuccessful all the time.

Here is my docker composer for Jellyfin.

Any help would be great.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance.

• Hi gang, I was bale to find the solution to transcode in Jellyfin with an AMD 2200G and any other AMD CPU/GPU combined.

Make sure you have installed the firmware-amd-graphics package for your AMD CPU/GPU under OpenMediaVault. (sudo apt install firmware-amd-graphics).

You need to add the Linuxserver Mod in the docker-compose, https://mods.linuxserver.io/?mod=jellyfin, which installs the latest Mesa libraries in your docker container.

I added the group_add line, as per instructions from the Jellyfin web page, in my docker-compose by viewing the output from the /etc/group using command cat /etc/group and looking for entry render. Mine was render:x:107:.

Just to make sure, some folks have found that changing the access mode for the /dev/dri group helps. Here is the command, chmod -R 777 /dev/dri/

Here is the docker-compose that I used to make it work.

Here is the link to the Jellyfin web page which explains how to add hardware transcoding for AMD CPU/GPU.

https://jellyfin.org/docs/gene…ardware-acceleration.html

Hope it works out for you.

Now if only Plex would work with AMD CPU/GPU.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know this is not related to the thread, but so that no one repeats it.

It doesn't make sense to transfer the same volume twice to the container.

Code
           - /srv/a500e634-adcf-4c8a-871d-8a711f44daca/Data01/Media/Videos:/data/tvshows
           - /srv/a500e634-adcf-4c8a-871d-8a711f44daca/Data01/Media/Videos:/data/movies

Once is enough and everything will still look the same from the container.

Code
             - /srv/a500e634-adcf-4c8a-871d-8a711f44daca/Data01/Media/Videos:/Videos

From the Jellyfin configuration, the libraries are then selected:

Videos/tvshows

Videos/movies

• Hi chente, separating both the Movies and TV shows folder is just a personal preference.

I used to just have one folder before.

I think what chente means is you are binding the same host folder (Videos) as both movies and tv. This makes no sense.. If however you have the movies and tv separated on the host into different folders or subfolders of video then your host paths need fixing

• Offizieller Beitrag

I thing what chente means is you are binding the same host folder (Videos) as both movies and tv. This makes no sense.. If however you have the movies and tv separated on the host into different folders or subfolders of video then your host paths need fixing

Correct.

This does make sense:

Folder A: Folder X

Folder B: Folder Y

This makes no sense:

Folder A: Folder X

Folder A: Folder Y

In the second case the folder A is transferred twice when this can be done:

Folder A: Folder Z

And inside Jellyfin select the folder /Z/tvshows for the tvshows library and /Z/movies for the movies library

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!