Shared folders privileges working only with one user

• Hi:

I'm new on OMV and i have one issue regarding users privileges. i can set permissions only to my first created user. but adding more users and setting same privileges. Samba shared folders are no allowing those users ( except first one that i've created). I dont'know what to do about it.

For example;

my first user was xxxxx and this user can acces to shared folders, but second and third user yyyy and zzz despite they have same privileges, they cannot acces from windows linux or mac . basically my omv is working with just one user.

My omv version is openmediavault_5.5.11-amd64

here's a video with my issue https://youtu.be/66eyqZXD5rQ

• crashtest

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

The video in your first post clearly shows that you're trying to use ACL's. Uncheck those boxes and read the -> document. It's not long and was written to get to the point. Set up your users, shared folders, and SMB share permissions accordingly.

In the worst case, open up permissions by setting your shared folders to Others - Read/Write/Execute and SMB Shares to Guests Allowed. These settings open network shares so that anyone, on the local network, can access them.

If you still can't connect with completely open shares, you might check client network settings against this document. -> Win10 network settings.

• Thanks for your help. Definitelly i couldn't manage users privileges. even using Others - Read/Write/Execute and SMB Shares to Guests Allowed. options. the only working way was using linux commands assigning 775 permissions on omv console disabling any user. i'm not sure if this is a bug on web interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

titopuertolara

ssh to your machine

smbpasswd -a (user name)

This shouldn't be necessary. Samba follows shared folder permissions unless something like this option is changed. Then there's two separate access levels to consider; the Shared Folder and Samba. Considering that Samba can not override underlying Shared Folder permissions, there's very little benefit to this approach in a peer-to-peer network.

i'm not sure if this is a bug on web interface.

Highly doubtful. If this was the case, thousands of users would be complaining. But this doesn't mean that your installation doesn't have something else going on.

the only working way was using linux commands assigning 775 permissions on omv console disabling any user.

If you want to "see" what permissions are being assigned by the GUI, consider installing WinSCP. With the GUI and WinSCP running, you'll be able to see the permissions being assigned to files and folders inside the shared folder. (Note that you'll have to "fresh" WinSCP after making and confirming a permissions change in the GUI.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

still without wirking unless i give 775 permissions to the folder

Why are you doing this on the command line? Why not use the GUI? Generally speaking, when you do things on the command line, OMV is not aware of it which may create inconsistencies in OMV's database.

Build a new share according to this -> guide. Call it "Test" or whatever you like. It will be created with everyone shared folder permissions and Samba will be set to Guests allowed..

Put some files in it, music or something. Test user access to this network share.

Then, read over this document. It explains some of OMV's defaults (all users created in the GUI going into the users group) and how to achieve transparent access based on username + password. Then you can tighten up access.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!