Add Samba Share Manually after adding OMV?

• Hi there,

Bit of a problem, looking for help: I had Samba running great on my Raspberry Pi 400 with an NTFS drive. It worked fine, but I couldn't get a Mac Time Machine drive to add correctly, so I tried adding OMV. Great - it works. Time Machine added and functioning correctly. However, Now I can't add my NTFS drive to Samba config again. I tried everything.

I'm just trying to add something like this to the bottom of the samba config:

[BigStore]

path = /media/pi/Elements/

writeable=Yes

create mask=0777

directory mask=0777

public=yes

valid users = "pi"

But when I try to log in with "pi", it says "Connection failed" on my Mac after putting in the name and password.

Does anyone have a solution, please?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You have to do everything in the GUI of OMV:

• mount the filesystem
    • add shared folders pointing to the existing folders on the share; you can also create one shared folder pointing at the complete filesystem by using "/"
    • give a user privileges on the shared folders
    • add the shared folders to the SMB/CIFS service
  • You have to do everything in the GUI of OMV:

• mount the filesystem
    • add shared folders pointing to the existing folders on the share; you can also create one shared folder pointing at the complete filesystem by using "/"
    • give a user privileges on the shared folders
    • add the shared folders to the SMB/CIFS service

So, basically, if I use OMV, I cannot edit Samba config manually to make extra edits outside of OMV? So where I had a Samba config which recognized NTFS and exFAT drives and shared them with no problem, I now have a Samba which cannot do any of that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!