Why doesn't OMV RAID recognize SATA-connected 2.5 "HDDs?

• OMV RAID does not recognize 2.5 "HDD with SATA connection.

On the OMV, two 2.5inch-SATA connected HDDs are recognized as devices, can be added by the file system, and can be wiped, but they do not appear in the list of RAID creation. I can't create RAID1 with OMV.

I created it using mdadm from the CLI command and made it recognized by OMV.

Why is a 2.5inch HDD with SATA connection that is not USB connection not recognized by RAID?

Is 2.5inch HDD not recommended as RAID?

Please let me know.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The next question would be, are you using USB connections for connecting the drives? (A drive Dock or Enclosure.)

This is a post that's more suited to geaves, but it would be best to offer some more details information next time (and now) like OMV version, etc.

• I am not using USB connections for connecting the drives. (A drive Dock or Enclosure.).I am direct connecting to SATA socket with drive Dock. This a Mini Tower PC having STORAGE(MOTHERBOARD) SATA3 (6.0Gb/s) x 6.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not using USB connections for connecting the drives. (A drive Dock or Enclosure.).I am direct connecting to SATA socket with drive Dock. This a Mini Tower PC having STORAGE(MOTHERBOARD) SATA3 (6.0Gb/s) x 6.

Did you wipe the drives Storage -> Disks -> Wipe in the GUI

• Offizieller Beitrag

Raid creation in OMV;

1) Storage -> Disks -> Wipe, this should be done on any media being added to OMV unless they are NTFS drives

2) Raid Management -> Create -> from the dialog add a name for the array, select the drives to added to that array, click OK and the array will build

3) Once the array has finished being created, File Systems -> Create -> select the array created in the above, assign a label, select the file system click OK, the file system will now be created. If the array does not automatically mount click mount on the menu.

File System footnote; mdadm is not aware of the filesystem used, so if using btrfs or xfs then specific knowledge of cli commands in relation to the filesystem will be required.

What will not work, after completing step one above, then proceeding to step 3, creating a filesystem on each drive and subsequently mounting that drive, this will result in no drives being visible under Raid Management

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!