Can't ssh from OMV host to KVM VM

• I m running a KVM ubuntu server.

I m trying to ssh from OMV to the server but it does not connect.

can connect from ubuntu server to other KVM without problem.

Is there a solution?

This is probably due to the networking type you are using on the VM but we have not details about the VM.

omv 5.6.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That is one of the drawbacks of using macvtap. If you want to be able to ssh from host to guest, you will need to setup a bridge network adapter (not in the plugin) and then the network adapter type on the VM will have to be changed to bridge that uses the newly created bridge interface. I think that is a pain myself and never have a need to ssh from the host to the VM. I just ssh from the machine that I ssh to the host from.

omv 5.6.5 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.1
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That is one of the drawbacks of using macvtap. If you want to be able to ssh from host to guest, you will need to setup a bridge network adapter (not in the plugin) and then the network adapter type on the VM will have to be changed to bridge that uses the newly created bridge interface. I think that is a pain myself and never have a need to ssh from the host to the VM. I just ssh from the machine that I ssh to the host from.

Thanks, Ok I have another solution. I thought It was something i was missing. Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!