Is there a date forecast to release the new OMV version 6?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So just for morbid curiosity sake, I just spun up OMV 6 in a virtual machine (I'd been meaning to and just hadn't gotten around to it) .

Love the new interface. The pics that have been posted don't do it justice. Seems very fast and responsive at this point.

The new sign on screen is slick, although at first it almost made me dizzy.. lol (was probably up to late watching the fights last night).

Obviously it is limited right now, but I love where it is going.

• +1

Same curiosity ;)

HP t630 Thin Cliënt (AMD Embedded G-Series GX-420GI | QuadCore | 8GB)
    7.0.5-1 (Sandworm) | 64 bit | pve-kernel-6.8 | omvextrasorg 7.0

• I wouldn't even install it yet. There really isn't anything you need to test yet. It isn't even using Debian 11 (bullseye) yet and is likely to change a lot. I have barely started porting things either. OMV 5.x plugins will not work at all.

I suppose it's only a matter of time before I have to stop holding out on migrating OpenVPN from the plugin to a Docker container. :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suppose it's only a matter of time before I have to stop holding out on migrating OpenVPN from the plugin to a Docker container. :(

Embrace it.. we all had to at some point. Once you get the hang of docker, you will wonder why you ever did anything else

• Offizieller Beitrag

Once you get the hang of docker, you will wonder why you ever did anything else

Yes!

• The "Backlog" of work to complete before version 6 is ready was updated in github.

For all that wonder about the status, just look at OMV6 project status dashboard

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

That dashboard has none of the work required for omv-extras. I am much further behind because I only recently gain access to the code.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Maybe it would be beneficial to create a matching project backlog for omv-extras?

This would allow for simple & clear status lookup for plugins and could potentially avoid many forum posts

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe it would be beneficial to create a matching project backlog for omv-extras?

This would allow for simple & clear status lookup for plugins and could potentially avoid many forum posts

I would rather spend time porting the plugins. If the plugin is in the repo, it is ported. The Plugin tab will clearly tell you that.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Embrace it.. we all had to at some point. Once you get the hang of docker, you will wonder why you ever did anything else

Oh I've already migrated everything else to Docker and I agree it's great! I'm just being kind of lazy with OpenVPN. 😆 Does anyone have any recommendations for which a Docker image to use for it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!