Problem Updating because of no room

• Hi guys!

I have one of my servers booting from a flash drive 16GB....

Everything has worked fine but updating it is a bit of a problem....

When I run Update I get error from the UI so I tried via Putty and get this error:

Code
    http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/main/source/Sources Write error - write (28: The device is full)

Is there a way to remove stuff not needed?

Do I need to upgrade to a larger flash drive?

If upgrading to a larger flash drive is the option - then how do I clone this to a larger drive without needing to do a complet reinstall?

bookie56

• Offizieller Beitrag

In the guide section there is a thread on dealing with a full OS drive

A vast majority of the time (unless you're using a really small drive) it's because docker is not configured properly. 16gigs should be enough unless the installer made a very large swap partition

[How-To] Fix full OS filesystem - GUI login loop

• Hi KM0201:)

I have found what has happened and I don't really understand why...

Some one tell me why installing on my USB has created a swap of 12GB that I don't even use.....?!

When one installs OMV it takes the whole drive so we don't get a chance to dictate partition sizes etc...

So why would OMV decide to allocate 12GB to a swap that I am not even using.....

Has anyone any suggestions?

bookie56

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe, at installation, you had 6GB of ram installed? There's more to calculating the initial swap size than 2X ram, but it can come out way.

You have your hands on the solution. Use G-parted to resize partitions. I'd go with 8GB in sdg1.

• Hi guys!

Thanks for the helpful advice....used gparted and changed the sizes and now that is working ok...

One thing though....getting the following on boot:

Code
    no arrays found in config file automatically

This comes up about 30 times on boot...not using raid have zfs....

Any suggestions?

bookie56

• Hi again!

Seen a lot on the forum about this "no arrays found in config file or automatically..

I have checked the output of fstab:

Ok in the above my boot installation is on the usb and it is sde1 and not as stated sdf1 but as that doesn't matter here...

I have also checked the readout for:

Code
    root@DN-Storage1:~# nano /etc/fstab
    root@DN-Storage1:~# nano /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume
      GNU nano 3.2                        /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume

RESUME=UUID=<17360846-cd1f-4a35-96c8-7d9813ebb74c>

[ Läste 1 rad ]
    ^G Få hjälp    ^O Skriv ut    ^W Var finns   ^K Klipp ut    ^J Justera     ^C Akt. pos    M-U Ångra
    ^X Avsluta     ^R Läs fil     ^\ Ersätt      ^U Ångra klipp ^T Stavkontr.  ^_ Gå till rad M-E Gör om

the uuid is the right one for my boot device....so why am I getting so many "no arrays found in config file or automatically"?

bookie56

• Offizieller Beitrag

This comes up about 30 times on boot...not using raid have zfs....

I've seen this before with OMV and ZFS, but it's been awhile. It concerned me as well. But after looking at it I found it to be harmless, merely extending the boot time a bit. I ignored it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!