Automatic update management

• Hi,

How can I setup automatic updates in OMV?

I'd like to be able to schedule the installation of all the packages (once per month) that are shown in the `Update Management` section in the webUI.

Thanks

• not possible ATM, only implemented for security updates starting with version 5.6.3

There is an open issue for this feature in github that you may want to support via a reaction

omv 6.9.6-2 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 6.1.21-v8+

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 6.9.3-1 (Shaitan) on RPi4/4GB with 32bit Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs (CMR) formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• not possible ATM, only implemented for security updates starting with version 5.6.3

There is an open issue for this feature in github that you may want to support via a reaction

Alright, but can't I just use some standard cron job to update debian like `apt-get update && apt-get upgrade`?

What is the implication of that vs using the webUI's approach?

• Even if you do run apt update && apt upgrade (or simply omv-upgrade) as a cron job, if it stops for any reason and prompts for user input, then... well, you have an issue.

As for me, if I'm not on my computer anyway, I open an SSH prompt from my phone or tablet, run the upgrade and call it a day. :)

• I've been running omv-upgrade as a cron for almost a year, no problems.

For all containers I'm using watchtower for the same period of time, and that works good to..

Both run weekly AFTER a compete backup of the VM running OMV.

So all my stuff is always updated, and so far so good :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!